BERKSHIRE CONSORTIUM

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ppl3kumar

BERKSHIRE CONSORTIUM

Post by ppl3kumar »

Hi All,

I live in Watford WD postal code my DD is taking her exams next year is she allowed to take Berkshire Consortium exams.
Reading2015

Re: BERKSHIRE CONSORTIUM

Post by Reading2015 »

Yes, you can take the exam. As per current admission policies, you could get a place in Herschel Grammar or Upton Court Grammars. Not sure about St. Bernard's.

Langley, Reading and Kendrick school policies are more restrictive. You need to be in their catchment at the time of applying for 11+ test in June.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

ppl3kumar wrote:Hi All,

I live in Watford WD postal code my DD is taking her exams next year is she allowed to take Berkshire Consortium exams.
You are allowed to take exams in any consortium anywhere in the country. In a different forum in this website, I read that one child from Yorkshire appeared for exam in Bucks :)

Most probably you wanted to know whether there is any chance of your DD getting a place in Berkshire GSs if she takes the consortium exam.

This has already been addressed by Reading2015.

You need to be in the catchment for Kendrick (by the closing date of application form , which was 20th June for 2015 entry, you have to find out what that will be for 2016 entry though). WD postcode does not come under that unless you decide to move into Kendrick's catchment. Langley has a catchment, please check it's website whether your postcode is included in that or not. If your postcode in included then there is no problem.

For both Herschel and Upton Court there are about 70-100 seats at each school which are open to OOC candidates based on ranking only. Therefore, you can always take a chance for those places.

Hope that helps.
ppl3kumar

Post by ppl3kumar »

Many thanks for both of you it is very informative
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now