Waiting for Kendrick and Reading 2015 allocation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Reading2015

Re: Waiting for Kendrick and Reading 2015 allocation

Post by Reading2015 »

berks_mum, You could be right but if other schools publish this info without verifying the address so can RBS and Kendrick.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

That is my question as well; if the other schools can publish ranks why not RBS and Kendrick. At Kendrick open evening we were told that the school will give some indication i.e likely/possibly/unlikely but nothing in the results paper.

One other I would like to understand - why LEAs need 4 months for allocation? Is their system very high volume/complicated?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The algorithm LEAs use for schools allocation actually doesn't that take that long to run. Minutes probably. What takes time is some LEAs take time to look at individual applications to check parents have been realistic in their choice. Some will even contact parents if they have only put one choice down, (or in some cases put the same school down multiple times etc). Some time to used to verify addresses. Then LEAs have to contact others where they have applications that cross boundaries, there's a fair bit of to-ing and fro-ing before that bit gets sorted out. Of course some schools are their own admissions authority of well so LEAs have to contact them directly.

Then those who haven't got any of their preferred choices, the LEA look to see where they can place them.
amnash

Post by amnash »

Kendrick and Reading had the required information about IC/OOC by the time the kids sat the test. I believe this is one variable they based the pass mark on.

They also definitely had clear idea of the number of kids who passed the test by the time they sent the results to parents, and again this is another variable for the pass mark to be 110.

I read somewhere in this forum that Slough consortium has given the number of children who passed there, so it is possible for the schools to know this !!!!

I don't know what are the reasons for Kendrick and Reading to decide to be not transparent enough.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

amnash, I agree the schools had the required information by test time and definitely by results time. Didn't think they would base the pass mark on IC/OOC but who knows. Curious to know how IC/OOC plays a part in pass mark setting?
amnash

Post by amnash »

berks_mum wrote:amnash, I agree the schools had the required information by test time and definitely by results time. Didn't think they would base the pass mark on IC/OOC but who knows. Curious to know how IC/OOC plays a part in pass mark setting?
berks-mum I would like to think they has given the IC/OOC some consideration when setting the pass mark (among other factors of course). Am sure there will be some OOC children who scored really high and ignoring this fact won't be a wise thing to do.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

amnash, I see what you mean. Could it be one of the reasons why the pass mark has gone up to 110?
Samemily

Post by Samemily »

What would it mean if they had ignored the ooc? I am very new to all this and very confused so please could you clarify a little more. Many thanks.
amnash

Post by amnash »

Samemily we are just trying to understand the results we have received and the qualifying scores decided by the schools in Reading.

I consider myself relatively new too, as DD1 missed the 110 score, DD2 will be sitting Kendrick in 2016 am trying to understand how things work,,, there is a lot of useful information in this forum and very helpful people as well,,,
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

Samemily wrote:What would it mean if they had ignored the ooc? I am very new to all this and very confused so please could you clarify a little more. Many thanks.
If they have ignored OOC (which I strongly feel they didn't) then the final offer may go to a DC whose score is very close to the cut off marks of 110.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now