Waiting for Kendrick and Reading 2015 allocation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
berks_mum

Re: Waiting for Kendrick and Reading 2015 allocation

Post by berks_mum »

How does it feel the second time. Any different?

Updating your counter - 100 days to go.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Yes, 100 days to go 8)

I suppose 2nd time round you've always been through it before so the experience part is there. However this may be a completely different child to the first one and as a parent you may have different expectations.

We all only want the best for our children and you'd think the hard work has been done by this stage.....but no, more testing times ahead - it can be a cruel process so the best we can all do is support our children as best we can , what will be will be!

Said it before and I'll say it again, 'its the child that makes the school, not the school that makes the child'. Sadly there are parents out there that think otherwise!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

sonasona wrote:2 years on tb and I'm going to see them through to Allocations days again 8)
My Best wishes to you all. Just few more weeks to go.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

sonasona wrote:Yes, 100 days to go 8)

I suppose 2nd time round you've always been through it before so the experience part is there. However this may be a completely different child to the first one and as a parent you may have different expectations.

We all only want the best for our children and you'd think the hard work has been done by this stage.....but no, more testing times ahead - it can be a cruel process so the best we can all do is support our children as best we can , what will be will be!

Said it before and I'll say it again, 'its the child that makes the school, not the school that makes the child'. Sadly there are parents out there that think otherwise!
By 'more testing times ahead' do you mean GCSE and A levels or some other tests?

95 more days of waiting.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

I was referring to Allocations day and potentially Waiting lists.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Met some OOC parents over the weekend. One of them said they have received a letter that their DD is offered a place at Kendrick. Has Kendrick started sending out letters or was it parental misunderstanding?
Has anyone received any letters? We haven't received anything so far apart from the results letter.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

There won't be any more communication till offers day in March.

the only exception could be if they were looked after/in care or adopted after being in care so at the top of the list and therefore assured of a place. Even then I would be surprised that they had been notified ahead of offers day.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Thanks Reading mum. I don't think the said DD is in care. Their DD sat the exam at Slough and ticked the shared with Kendrick box hence results letter from Kendrick. May be the parents misunderstood the original results letter and/or not aware of the catchment rules?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

every year there are people who misunderstand and think that because their daughter scored more than the cutoff then they have got a place. It did happen once a few years ago that everyone who qualified and wanted a place got one - and that was before the catchment came in. I can't see it happening again
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

berks_mum wrote:Met some OOC parents over the weekend. One of them said they have received a letter that their DD is offered a place at Kendrick. Has Kendrick started sending out letters or was it parental misunderstanding?
Has anyone received any letters? We haven't received anything so far apart from the results letter.
Parental misunderstanding/wishful thinking. Even if they were in care or whatever they still wouldn't hear until march.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now