Full Kendrick & RBS 2014 CEM Results - trak.org.uk

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jamesberks

Re: Full Kendrick & RBS 2014 CEM Results - trak.org.uk

Post by jamesberks »

Hi,

Looking at the three worksheets the total Slough numbers are clearly too low. I cannot believe that only ~1700 applied to Slough's four grammar schools when the Reading/Kendrick worksheets add up to 2300. Where did the people you mention sit the test? Was it Slough?

The website is concerned with Reading/Kendrick so - pure speculation on my part - maybe the information CEM provided them only contains those who sat the tests in Reading/Kendrick and the Slough worksheet just contains those who just ticked the box to be entered in Slough as well.

Given that the other website has established that, in principle, there is no reason these results can't be released under a FOIA request you could write to CEM asking them to provide the Slough results but be very specific about exactly what you're requesting.
rajster

Post by rajster »

I checked 4 scores (friend DD's and my DD) and they are correct in terms of scores and months.

Was reading the whole page on how TRAK got the results from CEM, list does seem correct.
trashy

Post by trashy »

Just checked the six Kendrick scores that I know and all were present and correct.
Rameshk

Post by Rameshk »

Slough result does not appear to me complete. Only 595 got the pass marks of 111 or higher. Considering approx. 550 places to fill in 4 grammar school of Slough, 595 seems quite a low number to me.
This number seems ridiculously low when I consider good number of students who passed in the Slough, would take admission in Reading Boys, Kendrik, Bucks, Tiffin, Barnet etc.
amnash

Post by amnash »

Hi all,,, it has been quite here recently,,,

This is very interesting information indeed. But it is scary to see that 0.01 would make a big difference and get some kids in and put other similarly clever kids out :cry:

Can anyone explain to me what this unique verbal score means? and why and how it is different from the standardized verbal score in the first column of Kendrick's results.

Also what is the weight of each of the subjects VR,Maths,and NVR ?
rajster

Post by rajster »

Does it make sense to have a new Kendrick Calculator that can be updated with the scores known as the highest score is different to last year that we can use to work out where your child would fall in based on the number of children who sat the exam or if we wanted to plug in the no. of people who would even seriously be considering Kendrick.

For example, 574 people sat the paper at Kendrick
534 sat paper at Slough who wanted to consider their scores for Kendrick. Of those I don't even think 100 people are serious, so all in all 674 are probably serious for Kendrick. Would be good if anyone can work our the rankings based on 674 pupils.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Don't think it will work if you exclude x-100 children taking test at Slough.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

jamesberks wrote:Hi,

Looking at the three worksheets the total Slough numbers are clearly too low. I cannot believe that only ~1700 applied to Slough's four grammar schools when the Reading/Kendrick worksheets add up to 2300. Where did the people you mention sit the test? Was it Slough?

The website is concerned with Reading/Kendrick so - pure speculation on my part - maybe the information CEM provided them only contains those who sat the tests in Reading/Kendrick and the Slough worksheet just contains those who just ticked the box to be entered in Slough as well.

Given that the other website has established that, in principle, there is no reason these results can't be released under a FOIA request you could write to CEM asking them to provide the Slough results but be very specific about exactly what you're requesting.
I do not think that the Slough contains the results of those who sat the exams in Reading but ticked the box for sharing the score with Slough.

The missing candidates scores that I mentioned before all sat exam in Reading. But I also found some scores who sat exam in Reading and ticked the box to share scores with Slough. That's why I think the Slough scores in the website is not the full representation of all scores, I can also see same concern has been expressed later by other members as well.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

rajster wrote:Does it make sense to have a new Kendrick Calculator that can be updated with the scores known as the highest score is different to last year that we can use to work out where your child would fall in based on the number of children who sat the exam or if we wanted to plug in the no. of people who would even seriously be considering Kendrick.

For example, 574 people sat the paper at Kendrick
534 sat paper at Slough who wanted to consider their scores for Kendrick. Of those I don't even think 100 people are serious, so all in all 674 are probably serious for Kendrick. Would be good if anyone can work our the rankings based on 674 pupils.
Agree with you there rajster.
kara123

Post by kara123 »

My friend got a reply from Reading concerning the number of out of catchment boys who scored 110 or above.
Out of those who achieved the pass mark of 110 or above and sat the entrance test in September 2014 for a day place for 2015 entry, 124 applicants lived outside of the designated area.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now