Full Kendrick & RBS 2014 CEM Results - trak.org.uk

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkers

Re: Full Kendrick & RBS 2014 CEM Results - trak.org.uk

Post by Tinkers »

They have an in year admission policy to fill places if girls leave. Girls are invited to come in to take tests when vacancies arise.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

indiemom wrote:@berks_mum,

I have requested Kendrick School for similar information but now I have asked 100, 150, 200 and 250 as Kendrick this year also has 96 seats (they have not released the 13+ seats it seems :( )

So let's see if I get any response as I do not have any daughter who sat the exam last year.

BTW, I got the response from Reading Boys within 6 working days, which is quite impressive :)
idiemom, thanks a lot. Hope Kendrick responds soon to your request. Is this request under FOI?

ps. couldn't help noticing that Kendrick hasn't responded to earlier FOI requests. Don't know why?
Last edited by berks_mum on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Does anyone know:
1) Kendrick Max scores for last 3 years
2) Which rank(below 96) did Kendrick go down to for last 2/3 years?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Last year was 114 I think, waiting list moved 4 places by July, not sure after that.

Year before 113, waiting list moved by 1 or 2 by July, and another 2 or 3 after, (total was 4 places) so probably went down to 112/112.5 (Looking at the published scores for that year the max was 138, Havent looked at other years, only this one was of interest at the time).

Year before that was weird. It was before catchment, before getting your tests results in October. Everyone who got 109 who wanted a place eventually got one.

Don't know the rankings as we were never told, but given the results have since been published it wouldn't be difficult.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Thanks Tinkers. I am looking on - http://trak.org.uk/resources/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for last 3 years' results. However I was unable to copy paste in Excel from the pdf links.
I was just trying to see if I could find more information about which rank the school allocated last year. Not sure if it will be ver useful though.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Not sure if ranking helps at all, since everything is a bit different due to the 'Slough box'.

In previous years, before and after catchment, rankings have gone down to about 120-130. I'd expect it to go further possibly, due to additonal 'Slough box' tickers who are not in catchment. I suspect the numbers in catchment taking the test is not that much differnt to previous years.

Don't hold me to that though, it is just my guess.
Samemily

Post by Samemily »

Tinkers, do you mean around 130 girls in catchment scored the qualifying score when you talk about rankings? Sorry, I'm all very new to this!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

In the years before catchment and when you got the test results in March at the same time as allocations, you were told the rank as well as the score I believe, (before my time as such). Reading through posts from years back, those offered places then tended to go down to rank 120-130.

The last couple of years when you got test results in October, we did not get rankings. I know many of you desperate to know may not agree, but I think that giving rankings wouldn't necessarily have helped as there's still too many unknowns. This has been exacerbated this year by the 'Slough box' Scenario.

Looking at the results from my DDs year has been interesting. I was curious about what her raw scores had been. However we had sort of calculated a ranking from the infamous Kendrick calculator at the time. Looking at the results we could actually work out her ranking and the Kendrick calculator was way off. The stats obviously get skewed when you are combining two or more standardised scores.
millicent

Post by millicent »

Just to say there are girls in year 7 who scored 113.5 (although they may have come in off the waiting list.)

I think the list moved 5 places in the end as one year 7 didn't come back after half term and a new girl joined.

Good luck to everyone hoping for places this year!

My DD loves Kendrick and contrary to my initial concerns, so far the homework is minimal so no undue pressure.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

berks_mum wrote:
indiemom wrote:@berks_mum,

I have requested Kendrick School for similar information but now I have asked 100, 150, 200 and 250 as Kendrick this year also has 96 seats (they have not released the 13+ seats it seems :( )

So let's see if I get any response as I do not have any daughter who sat the exam last year.

BTW, I got the response from Reading Boys within 6 working days, which is quite impressive :)
idiemom, thanks a lot. Hope Kendrick responds soon to your request. Is this request under FOI?

ps. couldn't help noticing that Kendrick hasn't responded to earlier FOI requests. Don't know why?

Yes you are right there, they have not responded to the earlier request of appeal statistics sent to them on 19th Nov :(

Similarly they have not acknowledged my request as well, though I got the acknolegement the same day I requested information from Reading School. May be I will give them a call to find out whether they have received my request or not. Will keep the forum informed.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now