Questions for current Kendrick parents

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
berks_mum

Re: Questions for current Kendrick parents

Post by berks_mum »

Thanks Tinkers and sonasona.

My OH will be pleased to know the sports information. I will make him read the newsletter link (Tinkers) posted.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Found the newsletter about the netball player, again near the end.

http://www.kendrick.reading.sch.uk/wp-c ... 013-14.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

If your DD travels on the train do you pick her up after any after school activity? Let her walk alone to station?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

DD doesn't travel by train, she uses the bus, but lots of girls do use the train. I suspect most to d their own way home even if they stay late. Reading is a pain to drive into.
MumHere

Post by MumHere »

DD takes the train even if she is staying back unless it's going to be too late such as on open evenings. Usually there are other girls walking to the station so it's not been an issue so far. Have asked her to stay to well lit paths at all times esp. in winter.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

It is rare for an activity to go on much beyond 4:30 so it is not too late to be making your way to the station at that sort of time
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Thanks Tinkers, MumHere and ReadingMum. I guess, it is going to take some time for me to feel comfortable with DDs train travel.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

berks_mum wrote:Thanks Tinkers, MumHere and ReadingMum. I guess, it is going to take some time for me to feel comfortable with DDs train travel.

Trust me, she will be fine (and so will you). DD has just left our house to go and see friends, on the other side of Reading. She needs to not only catch the bus she normally uses, but needs to change buses in town and remember where she has to get off. Last time we dropped her off and she made her own way back. She is confident enough to do it.

There will be loads of girls walking to and from the train station every day. In fact I seem to remember last year DD moaning about the fact that 'everyone' else walks into town after school, while her friend and her walk to a different bus stop, as this annoyed her apparently.
I did point out that she could catch her bus from town if she really wanted to.
MumHere

Post by MumHere »

Berks_mum, there is a list of clubs on the Kendrick website if you would like to check out the activities and times.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Thanks Tinkers, Reading Mum and MumHere.
We were looking for clubs and most of them are at lunch time but there are a few in the evening that DD was interested. It is good to know that there are other DDs doing after school clubs and getting on the train.
I also noticed that DD is interested in a couple of clubs that are at the same time e.g..Classics club and Amnesty International Group. Do DDs change clubs every term?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now