Movement of waiting list for RBS and Kendrick - please post

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sweetmama

Re: Movement of waiting list for RBS and Kendrick - please p

Post by sweetmama »

Hi Newmum,

I think since Kendrick is a Reading School, It will be best if you call Reading Borough Council.

All the best to both of us.
sweetmama

Post by sweetmama »

Hi,

Any info on waiting list for Kendrick please?

Is it worth appealing?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Please look at the link I posted above. Kendrick update their website as the waiting list moves. In the last couple of years it has been slow to move. I think a couple of years ago it was April before we saw the first place come up.

As for appeals, don't let this put you off, but there have been no successful appeals for quite some years. However if you think you have an extremely good case then there's no harm in you trying.
sweetmama

Post by sweetmama »

Thanks Tinkers, Yes I saw there has been no success in appealing for some years now. I think it is not worth going through the stress. Maybe I should just wait and see what happens.

Thanks for getting back so quickly
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

I am trying to see if/how the waiting list will move. Help me if you know some answers.

1) From the CEM full result spreadsheet (http://trak.org.uk/resources/) we found that rank 150 (score 115.51) was on the 96th place before allocation as there were 54 OOCs in the first 150.
2) After allocation rank 162, score 115.04 seems to have got in.

What I don't know is how many OOCs are there in the last 12 i.e rank 151 to rank 162? This may give us an idea of how the movement has happened before allocation? Have the indie holders already given up their Kendrick offer? For state school offer holders 16th March is the last day so next week may give us some pointers.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Just saw the old thread, it seems the OOC numbers are -

150 - 54
200 - 79

SO there are 79-54 = 25 OOCs from rank 151 to rank 200.
sweetmama

Post by sweetmama »

This forum is very inspirational. Lots of ideas, Thanks everyone.

I heard Kendrick only moved 3 places on the waiting list last year. I don't know how far it is true. The last person was given a place in December.

This year could be very different because of the CEM exams. Lets see how it goes.

I thought other people will give up Kendrick for a state school?
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Sorry if my posts were not clear. I am trying to find out how many people have already rejected Kendrick because the waiting list movement will likely be inversely proportional to the rejections.
Finding out the IC/OOC numbers from rank 150 to rank 162 will give us the exact figure of rejections so far.
Of course this not a golden rule as some people may decline at any stage.

Any waiting list parents thinking of asking Kendrick about the IC/OOC numbers for the last 12 ranks (rank 151 to rank 162) ?

ALL waiting list parents my thoughts are with you. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
sweetmama

Post by sweetmama »

I phoned Kendrick yesterday but they will not give me any information. They suggested I contact my Reading Borough Council. I haven't had the courage to contact them yet.

This is so frustrating
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

sweet mama, I feel your anxiety. Would have suggested written(email) communication but Monday, last day of offer acceptance, is not too far now.
Does RBC publish allocation information on their website? If not, drop a mail/call RBC on Monday and see what they say?

Good luck ! I hope you get your desired results.