Moving to langley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
noworries

Moving to langley

Post by noworries »

Hello,

I live in Southampton and do not qualify for catchment areas of grammer schools in slough area.
I'm in the middle of purchasing a house in langley. However the process is running bit slow.
I understand that the 19 June is the closing date for Online registration forms and 31 October is the closing date for Common Application Forms submission.

If the contracts are exchanged in July, would it still qualify for the catchment area criteria?

I have looked through the school websites. But it does not confirm whether the address used on Online registration form or Common Application Form is used to decide the admission.

I'd really appreciate if someone here can provide clarification. Thank you.
scary mum

Re: Moving to langley

Post by scary mum »

It says here http://static.slough.gov.uk/downloads/A ... e-2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That the date for addresses is the closing date for CAF submissions. I guess individual school admissions policies will say if it is any different.
scary mum
noworries

Post by noworries »

Thank you scary mum.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

I don't know for Langley and other Slough schools but for Kendrick and Reading it was 20th June this year i.e the last date of the test registration application (not CAF deadline).
You may want to talk/email the school to clarify?
noworries

Post by noworries »

Thanks berks mum.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

noworries,

Which grammar schools are you targeting ? Only Slough ones ? Then moving to Langley is ok but if you want a wider choice then you can move to Maidenhead (certain postcodes only though) which will cater for Reading Boys, Kendrick, Slough Consortium as well as Buckinghamshire.
I know of some parents who are moving out of Langley in April and renting a place in Maidenhead for this reason.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Will they move back to Langley after March 2016 allocation? House prices in Maidenhead are really crazy right now so it makes sense to rent and travel from Langley to Reading is much easier than school runs in some other parts of the country.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

I think they will make decision which way to go once the results are out. Based on that they might move to Reading or go back to Langley or remain in Maindenhead (for SWBGS or similar). But renting a house in Maidenhead will give them a much wider choice which Slough or Reading area people can not have otherwise.
noworries

Post by noworries »

indiemom,

I believe in keeping school commute to minimum. With maidenhead, the child has to commute to reading/slough no matter what.
noworries

Post by noworries »

A quick update. I received replies from the schools in Slough Consortium schools. The schools consider address on Common Application Form and not the online registration form. So, we should be ok. Thank you all for yourreplies.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now