Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:42 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Reading School uniform
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:18 pm
Posts: 354
I read the parents information booklet for 2014 for Reading School, the uniforms are to be bought from certain shops and everything to be labeled properly not with iron-on tapes but embroidered ones which need to be stitched on the uniforms.

Question to current RS parents out in this forum ,

1. Is there any colour code for RS like Kendrick ?

2. The sport uniform to have 1" name tag visible on the top and shorts, are they to be bought seperately and then stitched on the kit or we have to order them to be embroidered?

3. Do they need to wear blazer everyday to school ? If so then may be I will need more than one ? I heard that the RS logo are no longer used on the blazer.

4. As the school uniform is grey trousers and white shirts, do we need to buy them from the approved shops only, can't we buy from M&S or Next ? The items in the approved shop and JL are far more expensive than M&S and Next I found.

5. What are the items lost more frequently by the boys ? Mine are very forgetful so I need to buy more of those items.

Thanks a lot for your help,

regards

IM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:19 am
Posts: 888
indiemom wrote:
I read the parents information booklet for 2014 for Reading School, the uniforms are to be bought from certain shops and everything to be labeled properly not with iron-on tapes but embroidered ones which need to be stitched on the uniforms.


As far as I know, no one will be checking the name labelling of anything other than sports kit. If you want to do iron-on (the ones I bought stay ironed on, but the printing fades - I generally just use a laundry marker pen tbh, so then the iron-on tape provides a nice obvious place to rewrite the name!) then do. The main thing is to NAME EVERYTHING! There is a termly lost property sort out done by the RSPA, and anything that's named will be returned to the appropriate form tutor, so it's really worth doing. The boys seem to find it nigh on impossible to go and search through the lost property themselves :roll:

Quote:
Question to current RS parents out in this forum ,

1. Is there any colour code for RS like Kendrick ?


No.

Quote:
2. The sport uniform to have 1" name tag visible on the top and shorts, are they to be bought seperately and then stitched on the kit or we have to order them to be embroidered?


I don't know whether the giant name tags are compulsory, or a suggestion (my ds is in y9 and they brought them in the year after). They are to go on the outside of the kit to make it more obvious whose shorts you're putting on/are wearing. You order the name tags yourselves and stitch them on.

Quote:
3. Do they need to wear blazer everyday to school ? If so then may be I will need more than one ? I heard that the RS logo are no longer used on the blazer.


The uniform is a grey suit, so yes, they will be wearing the jacket every day. I'm pretty sure most people only have one. If you would like a spare, then there is a well-stocked secondhand uniform shop which opens on the Friday afternoon/Saturday morning after each holiday or half term - i.e. THIS Friday/Saturday :) That might be the best place if you think a back-up would be handy.

Quote:
4. As the school uniform is grey trousers and white shirts, do we need to buy them from the approved shops only, can't we buy from M&S or Next ? The items in the approved shop and JL are far more expensive than M&S and Next I found.


Because the uniform is the suit, then if you buy from elsewhere, you need to make sure that the trousers are a reasonable match for the jacket. As they go up the school you will see more variation (because this is the third version of the suit in recent years, so people do mix and match a bit, and the secondhand shop certainly has a variety of trousers/jackets), but in y7 it's probably best to look the same as everyone else?

Quote:
5. What are the items lost more frequently by the boys ? Mine are very forgetful so I need to buy more of those items.


I've seen pretty much everything in lost property. Instead of buying more, get them to be more determined about actually going and looking through the lost property bins! There are always several kit bags, full of PE kit - they put a bag down somewhere, forget, and wander off. Labelling the outside of the kit bag is useful.

hth!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:18 pm
Posts: 354
aliportico,

what a overall response to my post , thanks a lot for the wonderful tips here.

I am sure lot of parents will benefit from this info of yours, much appreciated.

So in nutshell one needs to label each and every item to be on the safe side. Good will start doing that then from now on as I will have to label lots of items which will not be a small task.

It's a big school how can a lost item reach the form tutor, do we have to put the house name after the boys' names in the tag ?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016