Why no DofE training in Reading School or Kendrick ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tinkers

Re: Why no DofE training in Reading School or Kendrick ?

Post by Tinkers »

DD tells me that DofE is being brought up by the school council, as girls are requesting the opportunity to do it at school.

It may be an option in the future.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

That would be good news - we have just got back from a long weekend camping with friends whose daughters are all at a school that does DofE and they are already looking forward to it. DD seemed a bit surprised that Kendrick didn't offer it - she had just assumed they would.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

Yes that was a bit surprising to me as well when I first time visited Reading School.

Some boys and girls do start it going to separate centres but then eventually it becomes a task for both the parents and kids to continue though I know two girls from Kendrick who finished Gold.

One of them told me that she preferred that she had to go to a different place for the classes as that gave her the opportunity to see new faces and make friends.

So I suppose having DofE at school has both it's advantages and disadvantages. :)

But being a full time working mother, I would rather have it done in school rather than taxing them around every week apart from their other activities, may be sounding a bit selfish. :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now