Kendrick & Reading Boys Results 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
LW2015

Re: Kendrick & Reading Boys Results 2015

Post by LW2015 »

Do we have any similar information about girls

Also I notice that Boys have scored higher than girls in general...not sure if this is true as the sample size is very small, just an observation based on marks posted here

vinni77 wrote:
BaileyLane wrote:I hate the fact they released the Slough results before Reading - it's a type of psychological torture! The only place for support and help seems to be this forum, so thanks to everyone for posting.

Would love to hear more theories on how Slough scores might compare to Reading school from the mathematicians/experts amongst us, if only to stop me coming up with increasingly wild and unlikely scenarios based on nothing very much.
That is so true! Indeed a psychological torture. The only theory I can come with is that the difference between Reading and Slough scores may not be as big as last year though Reading scores might be lower. Even then, it would be interesting to see Reading boys' scores considering more boys from Slough than Reading have asked to include their raw scores for standardisation!
LW2015

Post by LW2015 »

Also is it possible that Slough has given different weightage to sections compared to Reading standardisation process?
Fem_jef

Post by Fem_jef »

New to all this, so question might seem basic. My son's got 119 from Slough and waiting (anxiously) for Reading scores. I've seen posts suggesting Reading scores will be lower - is that the expectation? Reading states a high score of 127, Slough states 136.
vinni77

Post by vinni77 »

LW2015 wrote:Also is it possible that Slough has given different weightage to sections compared to Reading standardisation process?
As far as I know, it should be the same weightage this year.
Dadcool

Post by Dadcool »

vinni77 wrote:
LW2015 wrote:Also is it possible that Slough has given different weightage to sections compared to Reading standardisation process?
As far as I know, it should be the same weightage this year.
So its 50 % VR, 30% Maths & 20% NVR ??? This is based on bucks results which is also CEM.

Do we know if same weightages have been applied for Slough ?
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

I've just checked quickly on last year's top Reading Boys score of 130.16 and it was 50% Verbal and 25% each for Numerical and NVR

I don't have my dd's raw Kendrick data to hand but would have through Kendrick weightings were the same.
LW2015

Post by LW2015 »

Thanks

Do you know if Slough would have used the same?
sonasona wrote:I've just checked quickly on last year's top Reading Boys score of 130.16 and it was 50% Verbal and 25% each for Numerical and NVR

I don't have my dd's raw Kendrick data to hand but would have through Kendrick weightings were the same.
acacia

Post by acacia »

My DS got 119 for Slough.

We are only aiming for Reading school though so don't think it will be enough. In
Dadcool

Post by Dadcool »

sonasona wrote:I've just checked quickly on last year's top Reading Boys score of 130.16 and it was 50% Verbal and 25% each for Numerical and NVR

I thought Reading Boys shares only final standardised score and no raw score / break ups ??
Dadcool

Post by Dadcool »

acacia wrote:My DS got 119 for Slough.

We are only aiming for Reading school though so don't think it will be enough. In
My DS got 119 as well, not sure if it will be enough, waiting with bated breath for tomorrows mail.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now