Options - Reading Boys and Sir William Borlase?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kittymum

Re: Options - Reading Boys and Sir William Borlase?

Post by kittymum »

Guest55 wrote:Which did you prefer when you visited?

I don't think High Wycombe is in catchment for SWBGS and you cannot anticipate how close you'll need to live to get a place.

I would choose the one that is easiest to get to from where you live.
You're right Guest55 Wycombe isn't catchment for Borlase and is not a great journey either.
Sarahs

Post by Sarahs »

We are in catchment for both Reading Boys and SWBGS and would like to get opinion on which school is better given that we will move within 20 mins, which ever school our DS goes to.

Our preference has been of overall development and not just studies although they constitute a significant part.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Sarahs wrote:We are in catchment for both Reading Boys and SWBGS and would like to get opinion on which school is better given that we will move within 20 mins, which ever school our DS goes to.

Our preference has been of overall development and not just studies although they constitute a significant part.

Do you mean twenty minutes walking or driving? No where in catchment for borlase is more than twenty minutes drive away anyway, even in peak traffic sitting on the bypass you would be about twenty -twenty five mins away on a bad day. If walking that is a different story of course.....a rather expensive one!

Co-ed or boys only, it's a big difference? Which does your son like the most, he has visited both I assume?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now