Commute from Reading to Herschel grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Dadcool

Commute from Reading to Herschel grammar

Post by Dadcool »

Hi,
We are considering Slough schools for DS.

Are there any children going to Herschel Grammar or Upton grammar from Reading and surrounding areas? If so how do they manage the commute? I heard about coach service from Reading. Any pointers ?

thanks
Tinkers

Re: Commute from Reading to Herschel grammar

Post by Tinkers »

I've not heard of a coach service and I know people have asked before.

I guess the two routes would be M4 and A4. I've used both to get to Taplow in the past. It's not a great journey and I'm starting from the East side of Reading, so easy access to both. I regularly see the M4 east bound traffic at a standstill between J10 and 11 at befor 7:30 in morning. A4 is a longer journey, and getting through Maidenhead and Slough might be interesting.

Public transport wise, you'd need to get into Reading, then a train out, not sure about the other end. A quick google map check shows it takes 1h 20mins from my house to Herschel so not realistic for an young 11yo in my opinion.
srusid

Post by srusid »

According to admissions officer of Herschel , school is planning to start a new route from reading soon...This was told on open day a week before
However this needs to be confirmed.
aimoisi

Post by aimoisi »

Hi,

Travel from Reading to slough grammar schools – St Bernard and other 3 grammer school.

We are currently looking for more DS to join our existing taxi arrangement. At the moment, the existing travel plans is house to house pick up and drop off to tywford train station.

2 of the kids finish this year and we have spaces. Please do let me know if you are interested
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now