Common Application Form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ramesheuk

Common Application Form

Post by ramesheuk »

Hi,

Sorry if my question doesn't make any sense but some one told me that if you are living in inner catchment area in Langley and if you don't put you that as your first choice, then LGS won't consider you in the process.

Ex: If my son qualified in Slough Consortium and other grammar schools (like Reading, Bucks, SWH, QE and Sutton) and we are living inner catchment of Langley Grammar School (SL3 8).
Lets think, I have submitted CAF, and mentioned Reading Grammar School as my first choice and LGS as second choice.

Now, if he couldn't get reading grammar school, will LGS consider my application? Some one told me that LGS won't consider my application as I haven't put LGS as my first choice (being inner catchment candidate).

Can some one clarify if this is correct or not?
Thanks in advance.
Tinkers

Re: Common Application Form

Post by Tinkers »

That someone is incorrect.

It makes absolutely no difference where you put them. If you put Reading School first and Langley second, but don't get Reading, Langley automatically becomes your new first choice. The schools don't know where you put them.
ToadMum

Re: Common Application Form

Post by ToadMum »

All applications are ranked according to the schools' published admissions criteria. 'Where you ranked the school' hasn't been a legal criterion for the past ten years or so.

However, it is true that you won't actually be offered a place at a school if you didn't put it in first place - but only if you qualify for a school which you placed above it on your CAF. Your LEA assumes that you have read, understood and acted upon its instructions and listed schools according to your true order of preference and will act accordingly.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx