Dunno if it's true but heard only 32% passed Berks this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bluesapphire

Dunno if it's true but heard only 32% passed Berks this year

Post by bluesapphire »

Hi,Dunno if it's true but heard only 32% passed Berks this year? Anyone has any updates?
ToadMum

Re: Dunno if it's true but heard only 32% passed Berks this

Post by ToadMum »

bluesapphire wrote:Hi,Dunno if it's true but heard only 32% passed Berks this year? Anyone has any updates?
I'm sure that there is a thread somewhere discussing whether different areas' standardisation is against the actual cohort which took the exam or a national 'test' cohort, but in the normal way of things,

- c.68% of candidates will fall between a standardised score of 85 and 115.
- the other c.32% will be split between (less than 85) and (greater than 115).

So, with a pass score of ?110, the expected percentage passing would be 16% (those scoring >115), plus a proportion of the 34% (the half of the middle 68% whose scores are above 100) with scores between 110 and 115. They are on the 'downward slope' of the distribution curve, so will be less than a direct third of the 34%.

So 32% seems quite good, really :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The pass mark for Reading and Kendrick is 110 and Slough schools is 111, so that % is likely to be the same as any other year for the reasons Toadmum as explained.
cjw2015

Post by cjw2015 »

Maths is not my forte, but according to the information I got from CEM at Durham (posted on another thread) 321 passed the Kendrick exam out of a cohort of 1250 candidates.
That appears to be about 26% passing with a score of +> 110
There was another posting on the Reading Boys exam cohort but i do not have that to hand
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now