Kendrick and special needs provision

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

semb

Kendrick and special needs provision

Post by semb »

I'm not sure if this is best placed in the Berkshire or the Special Needs section...

I wondered if there is anyone out there who knows what Kendrick is like from the point of view of special needs provision? All schools seem to say the right thing, in terms of supporting individual needs etc, but my experience has been that schools really differ in how well they do this in reality.

Dd (year 5) is academically very able, but has additional needs. I'm very anxious about secondary - my number one priority is finding a secondary for Dd that is going to support her needs and proactively try to help move her forward. I want her to be happy above all else. We're prepping for Kendrick as I don't want her to be denied the opportunity of going there given that she is very able, but truthfully I would only want her to go there if her needs could truly be supported. The trouble is, I can't really judge it when all schools say the right thing, and you only truly know once they are there. So I really would be very grateful if anyone with a daughter there knows what it is like in reality for supporting those whose needs mean it is much harder for them to fit in, find friends and basically function within a school environment. Many thanks
Tinkers

Re: Kendrick and special needs provision

Post by Tinkers »

I will PM you.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now