Kendrick results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest_new

Kendrick results

Post by Guest_new »

Hi All,

why does it take so long for Kendrick to release their results ?
Does anyone know if they have marked and ranked the results ?
Councillor

Post by Councillor »

They have to wait for all the local schools to be allocated. EG, if you live in Reading & put another school as First choice, then if THAT school offers you a place then you will NOT be offered Kendrick (even if you were ranked No1), and so your Kendrick place can be offered to the next in line.

This way, it cuts down on a lot of people changing their mind, not taking a place etc as they ONLY get offerred one place.

In W.Berks, they operate equal preference. So if you apply to LittleHeath, Theale & Kendrick & they ALL offer you a place,, the council only passes on the offer from the school you ranked highest and so cuts waiting lists at the others.

I think they also try to liaise with Private schools as you have to disclose any of these that you apply to.

Doesn't make the agony any less though. Rumours are that they will revert to the old sytem of seeing if you "pass" before you have to apply to other schools, but the exam will have to be much earlier.
guest1

kendrick results

Post by guest1 »

Hi Councillor

What is your info based on

I cannot agree with you-

Reading BC is no different to those in Slough or Bucks- They give you some info about results if Reading wanted to I am sure they could.

In fact Reading should be quicker as residents only have 3 choices of school not 6 and they only have to administer a handful of Secondary Schools- there are less than 10 within its boundaries.

I could be wrong but at no time in the procedure was any info sort for independant school entry.

Do you have involvement with the council - Where have you obtained this info?

Guest1
Guest_new

Post by Guest_new »

I was thinking the same.

How come other schools can give their results and still have the data ready for the council to allocate places in Mar.

As in Gloucester this year, the schools have made a concerted effort to release the results to the parents prior to them selecting the school on the coucil form.

Surely this is the way to go, especially if you only have 3 places.

Is this school being elitist or just being slow to pick up on parents aguish ..Hmmm
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Guest_new wrote:I was thinking the same.

How come other schools can give their results and still have the data ready for the council to allocate places in Mar.

As in Gloucester this year, the schools have made a concerted effort to release the results to the parents prior to them selecting the school on the coucil form.

Surely this is the way to go, especially if you only have 3 places.

Is this school being elitist or just being slow to pick up on parents aguish ..Hmmm
Unfortunately this thread may answer your question. I say unfortunately, because the powers that be, have failed yet again, to take the parents' (who usually have a vested interest) views into account. It appears they felt they could not do what other authorities e.g Gloucester, Bucks, Slough, can and do, do. :roll:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =admission
kendrick mum?

results

Post by kendrick mum? »

Hi all

From what I understand, I think both Reading Grammar schools were happy to arrange exams earlier so that parents were informed if their children were eligible for a place. I think it was the council that felt this would be a unfair procedure and would be in some way favouring the grammars.

WHAT RUBBISH!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Kendrick mum?
kendrick mum?

results

Post by kendrick mum? »

Thanks Bewildered for that thread- interesting

Stevew41 -- Did you find out anymore from your son's teacher. Do the junior school really find out in february- Have I understood your comments correctly?

Kendrick mum?
stevew61

Re: results

Post by stevew61 »

kendrick mum? wrote:Stevew41 -- Did you find out anymore from your son's teacher. Do the junior school really find out in february- Have I understood your comments correctly?
Did not get any info. from the teacher but a few days later head knew on the morning of results, we did not as post was late, she kindly phoned me at work when she realised DS was at school and did not know result, and asked if I wanted to know the result. :shock: :shock: His form teacher was chasing him around for a quiet word but he ran away. With my permission the head mistress got him in a bear hug and gave him the result.

Can not find the link but for last year Reading Borough published a timetable along lines of by 16th December "other admissions authorities in Reading" so Reading & Kendrick have to submit lists to Borough who then exchange with other local authorities and resolve multiple offers with final lists being sent to schools by 24th February ( not sure if it meant primary or secondary schools ).

At the risk of increasing your paranioa the exam results list will be out there soon and if you are top 100 Reading or 93 Kendrick and you have put them first then you will have a place.

We could start speculating on appeals, waiting lists, etc oh dear. :roll:

Best wishes,

stevew61
kendrick mum?

results

Post by kendrick mum? »

Hi Stevew61

Looks like everyone knows before the fretting parent

By chance met with my daughters head teacher at school gates this morning

Asked me how dd had found exams etc and offered lots of reassurance said she would get in- you will see. I wish I had her confidence although she didn't see the crowds who came on exam day.

Kendrick mum?
stevew61

Re: results

Post by stevew61 »

kendrick mum? wrote:By chance met with my daughters head teacher at school gates this morning. Asked me how dd had found exams etc and offered lots of reassurance said she would get in- you will see.
I would trust the teacher they know best. :wink: :wink:

stevew61
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now