St Bernard's Grammar - who's coming from where?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hel_tcw

St Bernard's Grammar - who's coming from where?

Post by hel_tcw »

Hiya all,

am curious (ie nosy) to find out who will be starting at St Bernard's in September.

My dd is a local Catholic.

See some of you when we meet the head etc.
aimoisi

Re: St Bernard's Grammar - who's coming from where?

Post by aimoisi »

Hi,

Travel from Reading to slough grammar school.

We are currently looking for more DS to join our existing taxi arrangement. At the moment, the existing travel plans is house to house pick up and drop off to tywford train station and the kids gets the best of both world, independence of travelling by themselves and a good rest in the car in the mornings and after school.

We currently have spaces as 2 of the DS finish this year and we have spaces. Please do let me know if you are interested.
aimoisi

Post by aimoisi »

Hi,

Travel from Reading to slough grammar schools – St Bernard and other 3 grammer school.

We are currently looking for more DS to join our existing taxi arrangement. At the moment, the existing travel plans is house to house pick up and drop off to tywford train station.

2 of the kids finish this year and we have spaces. Please do let me know if you are interested
sandra

Post by sandra »

Aimoisi, you may be able to help me!

We live in Reading and I understand that few kids based in Reading/Earley get through in Grammar schools in Slough. I am not a catholic, so St Bernard may not be a possibility but interested in Herschel mainly (for Sept 2017 entry).
Do they need to score more marks in the CEM 11plus as they are based far away from the school? or
Is it that they have to be over the normal cut-off and then it is based on the distance from school?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

sandra wrote:Aimoisi, you may be able to help me!

We live in Reading and I understand that few kids based in Reading/Earley get through in Grammar schools in Slough. I am not a catholic, so St Bernard may not be a possibility but interested in Herschel mainly (for Sept 2017 entry).
Do they need to score more marks in the CEM 11plus as they are based far away from the school? or
Is it that they have to be over the normal cut-off and then it is based on the distance from school?
Sandra, I'm not clear why you keep asking the same question when several people have pointed you in the right direction for the admission criteria. I understand that you are asking (in some of your posts) how the students who are going there actually got in, ie whether it was on score or whether they were lucky with distance, but you do have all the facts about the admission criteria. Maybe you could ask the schools?
scary mum
sandra

Post by sandra »

My questions are not answered in the admission criteria as I am looking for historical facts. I will try ringing the school.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

You probably know this, but Slough seems to make its school admissions guide available at the beginning of September when the online application system opens. At the moment, the data shown in the guide for 'last child in' is for those who started in 2014 (current year eight), so presumably the 2015 entry will be what is published this September.

For Herschel, the info given for 2014 entry is:

Rank score cut off: 114
Grammar School Distance cut off: 8.635. (Miles, I assume).

Link via http://www.slough.gov.uk/schools-and-le ... laces.aspx

Eta, just read Tinkers' post from earlier in the day, linking to the updated sticky re 2015 entrants.
Last edited by ToadMum on Mon May 23, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
sandra

Post by sandra »

Thanks for the info!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now