Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:39 pm 

My daughter will start Burnham grammar school from September 2016.We are living in Slough near train station.Is anyone aware about or guide me secure and safe school bus or transportation from Slough to Burnham grammar school.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:48 pm 

Most get the train to Burnham & walk - there are plenty of students walking from there. Or there are several buses. Just put it into Google maps. I don't think there is a school bus from Slough as it is a Buckinghamshire school so Bucks don't need to supply transport from other areas. There are private buses arranged from some places but I doubt it from Slough as there is public transport. You could ask the school, though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:12 pm 

Is anyone having contact details for private school bus services from slough to Burnham grammar school?I am ok to pay for transportation?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:00 pm 

I don't know your area but if you have the train option it really isn't so bad. In my area at first parents like the idea of a private bus and have concerns about public transport but the train means they become more independent, can take part in after school clubs and 'twighlight' classes, rather than tied to a fixed coach and are not insulated completely from the rest of the world. I live in very cosmopolitan SE London and the buses are included but we are most likely DD will take the train as she has a friend coming in from further down the line. I have seen many girls make huge friendships over the years by travelling together on the train and it transcends the boundaries of school year and house which is all very healthy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:49 am 

It is a 5 moniute drive or a few minutes in the train plus a walk. Really, use public transport. It will help your DC to become more independent.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:52 pm 

Thanks all.we will use public transport bus route 2.