Slough Grammars 'In Year Admissions'

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rhiane03

Slough Grammars 'In Year Admissions'

Post by rhiane03 »

Hi

Does anyone know what the situation is where a child passed their 11+ (Slough) but didn't take up a Grammar school place but now wants to apply?

Would they have to take the 12+ (admission into Y8 this September) or papers set by the school etc?

Also does anyone know what the waiting lists are like for St Bernards and Upton?

Many thanks

X
ToadMum

Re: Slough Grammars 'In Year Admissions'

Post by ToadMum »

Not in your area, but had a look at St Bernard's. There doesn't seem to be a formal 12+, just 'casual' admissions outside of the normal entry point at year 7.

Unfortunately, as far as I can make out, having taken the 11+ but not having taken up a grammar school place would seem to exclude one from getting an in-year place, voles I have completely misread the policy?

- if you took the 11+ and failed, no application possible before sixth form
- if you are wanting to transfer from another grammar school, or didn't take the 11+ in the first place, and you pass the test set for the year you want to join, the will think about giving you a place

http://www.st-bernards.slough.sch.uk/admissions/
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
rhiane03

Post by rhiane03 »

Thank you Toadmum.

I came to much the same conclusion as you, I read the Upton policy and it said much the same as St Bernards, although it did confuse me a bit as it wasn't clear whether it meant if you took the 11+ and passed that you were also excluded from a place? Think I need to call them!
I spoke to Beaconsfield High School who told me that her qualification would now have lapsed and she's need to take the 12+ And then go on the waiting list.

Thanks again
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Did you take the Bucks Transfer Test too then? You can't use one LA 11+ qualification for another.
rhiane03

Post by rhiane03 »

Can someone explain what this means please?

"Applicants who have previously sat the Slough Consortium 11+ test but did not attain a score of 111 or above will not be considered for entry to Years 7-11"

The above seems to say that applicants who have sat the 11+ and passed will be considered!

This next bit confuses me though?
What does II mean?

"No other pupils will be admitted to the school, other than at the start of Year 7, unless there are available places and:"
I. they are transferring from another grammar school; or
II. they have not already taken the Slough Consortium 11+ test; and
III. they are successful in the school’s entrance examination relevant to their year of entry"

Thanks
rhiane03

Post by rhiane03 »

Sorry Guess55 I should have made that clear!

Yes, she took Bucks and Slough but personal circumstances at the time prevented her from taking up a place.

Clearly I have made a big mistake and should have done whatever was necessasary at the time and not turned her place down!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now