My son failed

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

My son failed

Post by Guest »

My son did not pass.....he got a very low score he did find the paper difficult he preferred the Slough paper....he did his best.....if he doesn't get through the Slough paper either I'm still quite happy as our local school is still very good.

Re: My son failed

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:My son did not pass.....he got a very low score he did find the paper difficult he preferred the Slough paper....he did his best.....if he doesn't get through the Slough paper either I'm still quite happy as our local school is still very good.
Sorry to hear that. My son didnt do very well, I expected that, but I hoped he would would get a higher mark.

Looking forward to the slough one, good luck to you &son.

Post by Guest »

Thank you.......

Post by Guest »

Thank you.......
Guest001

Post by Guest001 »

Sorry to hear your son did not pass...
Generally, I think the 11 plus exam system is rather a very poor way of determining a childs true potential. I have heard from teachers at primary school that they see large variations when the results come out ... whereby children doing really good at school may not necessarily pass the exam and those who have only trained for the exam may pass but not do as well in a grammar school.
In addition to the exams, I believe that the Grammar selection process should have some element of a childs performance at school.
Don't forget that they are only children and it mainly depends on how they feel on the Day of the Exam.
Hope he goes a long way in the future.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Anonymous wrote:My son did not pass.....he got a very low score he did find the paper difficult he preferred the Slough paper....he did his best.....if he doesn't get through the Slough paper either I'm still quite happy as our local school is still very good.
Dear Guest,

Lets have none of that f-word.

He did his best be proud of him. He will do his best and be a success at his very good local school. :) :)

stevew61
reena

Post by reena »

dont be sad my daughter also failed by 3 marks scoring 108 not sure whether i should appeal or not... she is a 4,4, 5 level in school....... :roll:
chad

Post by chad »

Hi reena... sorry to hear that your daughter did not qualify. On an open day I was told that for appeal the panel are looking for predicted Sats of 555 or 554. But I would suggest that you would have to supply good academic evidence and headteacher support. Slough appeals are not as transparent as Bucks so there is far less knowledge to go on.

Post by Guest »

Guest001 wrote:Sorry to hear your son did not pass...
Generally, I think the 11 plus exam system is rather a very poor way of determining a childs true potential. I have heard from teachers at primary school that they see large variations when the results come out ... whereby children doing really good at school may not necessarily pass the exam and those who have only trained for the exam may pass but not do as well in a grammar school.
In addition to the exams, I believe that the Grammar selection process should have some element of a childs performance at school.
Don't forget that they are only children and it mainly depends on how they feel on the Day of the Exam.
Hope he goes a long way in the future.

I totally agree with you...