Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:03 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 11+ Statistics
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:08 pm 
Does anyone how many students scored 111 or more for each Grammar school this year?

Or even last year, just to get a rough idea of what we are dealing with.

I rang Herschel & they said they dont share such statistics, I wonder why.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Langley
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:54 pm
Posts: 68
Location: wraysbury, middlesex
According to our letter, of the 1100+ children who sat the exam, 450+ reached grade 111 or above. As there are only 140(?) places available at Langley this year there will be over 300 disappointed PASSERS!
Makes my daughter's not-even-near pass seem irrelevant!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:29 pm
Posts: 2049
Location: Wirral
I'm so sorry to hear that wraysburymum.
Give your daughter a huge hug from me and then give yourself one too.

Take care..

AM


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Langley
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:40 am 
wraysburymum wrote:
According to our letter, of the 1100+ children who sat the exam, 450+ reached grade 111 or above. As there are only 140(?) places available at Langley this year there will be over 300 disappointed PASSERS!
Makes my daughter's not-even-near pass seem irrelevant!


I also got a letter from Langley, without the details about how many kids wrote, how many passed. Did you get that with the results or separately?

Thanks wraysburymum.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Langley scores
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:54 pm
Posts: 68
Location: wraysbury, middlesex
My letter (a "sorry to tell you..") version lists as follows:

"the range of average standardised scores achieved by all pupils who took the 11+ examination for the grammar schools in the Slough area is 141 - 69. The pass scores are 141 -111. 451 children have scored between 111 and 141 at Langley Grammar School... from a total entry of 1,104 at Langley Grammar School."

Perhaps if you were lucky to get a "well done you passed" letter this information was not included?

We are fingers, toes and legs crossed for Slough now! Nothing like a bit of stress and tension is there!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Langley scores
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:32 pm 
wraysburymum wrote:
My letter (a "sorry to tell you..") version lists as follows:

"the range of average standardised scores achieved by all pupils who took the 11+ examination for the grammar schools in the Slough area is 141 - 69. The pass scores are 141 -111. 451 children have scored between 111 and 141 at Langley Grammar School... from a total entry of 1,104 at Langley Grammar School."

Perhaps if you were lucky to get a "well done you passed" letter this information was not included?

We are fingers, toes and legs crossed for Slough now! Nothing like a bit of stress and tension is there!!


Thanks for all this. We were not supplied with those statistics. we live in Slough, dont know if its got anything to do with that.

Just got a congratulations blah blah blah, though son's mark is just above 111. Not looking good. he passed the Bucks one very well, not v. keen on that.

Yes indeed waiting anxiously for the Slough. Good luck to you too.

FM


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Langley test
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:54 pm
Posts: 68
Location: wraysbury, middlesex
To be honest, I'd take your hand off for a guaranteed place anywhere! We all get picky between fractions of a % on pass rates, but we KNOW they'll have the best chances at these schools. Our secondary school is dreadful, and I know a lot of people have put pressure on kids passing (me especially) just because we'd rather them be bottom of an excellent school than slide down the slippery slopes of a bad secondary.
Anyone got a spare place they don't need? Please pass this way!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Langley test
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:07 pm 
wraysburymum wrote:
To be honest, I'd take your hand off for a guaranteed place anywhere! We all get picky between fractions of a % on pass rates, but we KNOW they'll have the best chances at these schools. Our secondary school is dreadful, and I know a lot of people have put pressure on kids passing (me especially) just because we'd rather them be bottom of an excellent school than slide down the slippery slopes of a bad secondary.
Anyone got a spare place they don't need? Please pass this way!!


Results from Slough are in and I am dissapointed. Son didnt make it, trying to be brave. Me too....I have put loads of pressure on him. Slightly relieved I entered him for the Bucks, last minute.

Hope your daughter makes it, good luck.

FM


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016