Life at Kendrick, Reading Boys ect.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Imranali

Re: Life at Kendrick, Reading Boys ect.

Post by Imranali »

Good afternoon!

So, I've just found out that the uniform has to have your name embroidered on it with orange thread. I have no idea what that is meant to look like. I am quite good at stitching I just don't know exactly how they want it look!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

It's just the PE kit and it's optional, so don't need to do it, it's just sort of a tradition.
I just did DDs initials above the school crest on her polo shirt, skort and grey sweatshirt. Others do it differently and it is not a problem.

(Eta it is a different colour for each year group, so anyone else reading this for subsequent years, you'll have a different colour)
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

it does help with getting missing items returned (if someone turns up to PE wearing kit bearing someone else's initials) - so make it big enough to read.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I think the science overall also needs to have the name on the outside, but that doesn't need to be stitched, you can just use a permanent marker.

I just stitched DDs first name and initial of surname, but then she doesn't have a common first name, there's only one other in the entire school.
Imranali

Post by Imranali »

Ok thank you! Tinkers, could you perhaps send a picture?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Imranali wrote:Ok thank you! Tinkers, could you perhaps send a picture?
Again, it doesn't have to be a work of art. I just did it freehand stitching, but marker pen is fine and quite a number do that instead for the science overalls. I just remembered that it is something they ask for.

DDs science overall is currently squirrelled away in her bedroom, and I'm not going in there to look for it. Down that path lies madness. :lol:
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

Imranali, I've sent you a PM.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now