FoI request for Reading

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
loubylou22

Re: FoI request for Reading

Post by loubylou22 »

It's in the "Historic Data on Kendrick Admissions" sticky

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 1&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HTH
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

You only needed to look a couple of posts away :D

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-895218" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Based on this info I know of at least 4 happy parents for whom 1st March confirmation is now a mere formality :)
snafu

Post by snafu »

Hi

I'm just trying to make sense of the results of these Reading School scores.

If I compare this year's results with last year's, then it looks like the results are a lot lower. E.g. this year the person who is ranked at 230 has a score of 110.35. In contrast, last year (from this source- http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 10&t=44653" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) the person who is ranked at 250 has a score of 113.31! And we have to go all the way down to the person who is ranked at 350 to find someone who scored around 110.35.

It looks then like the scores are a lot lower this year than last year. This would be great news for my ds, who may be in with a better chance than I had thought. But can anyone just confirm that I am reading things right? There seems to be a big change from last year...

If I am right, could anyone have a guess at the cut-off point for this year? I realise that no-one has a crystal ball, but some people will have more knowledge and experience than I do.

Thank you!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The qualifying score was reduced this year from 110 to 108, which is also an indication that the scores are lower.
bussybee

Post by bussybee »

Hello all,

I am new to this board and still trying to get my head around the exam system and the scores.

The 2016 scores posted here are very useful, thanks.
Does anyone know how do they correlate to the actual percentage of correct answers? What I mean is that for a score of 110, what percentage of the questions are the children required to get right?
Also, do you know roughly how much the birthday of the child affects the final score?
Many thanks!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

bussybee wrote:Hello all,

I am new to this board and still trying to get my head around the exam system and the scores.

The 2016 scores posted here are very useful, thanks.
Does anyone know how do they correlate to the actual percentage of correct answers? What I mean is that for a score of 110, what percentage of the questions are the children required to get right?
Also, do you know roughly how much the birthday of the child affects the final score?
Many thanks!
There's no direct correlation between the standardised score and the raw score as such.
Age standardisation works by comparing children born in the same month, so this also varies from year to year and from test to test. It's not a case of adding or taking away marks. Unless you can get the raw scores and brith month data, there's no real way of telling either.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Hi - you need to read some of the stickies at the top. Different aged children would need to score different amounts to get the 110 due to age standardisation.

cross posted with Tinkers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now