Reading Boys Vs Wilsons

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
streathammum

Re: Reading Boys Vs Wilsons

Post by streathammum »

I don't know about the Reading school but Wilsons has no catchment area or distance criteria (except in tiebreaks) so boys with a high enough score can gain a place from almost anywhere. I assume that the OP would relocate if she's not currently near Wilsons but I wouldn't advise doing that until after March as her DS may not get a place even if he's passed the second stage exam.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

For info, Reading does have a catchment, and you need to be in catchment at the time of applying for the test to stand any chance of getting a place. Hence my earlier question asking the OP if they were in catchment already, which they have said they are. So if wilsons offer places to those ooc and the OP is in Reading, then it is technically feasible to apply to either school.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Got it, thanks both for the clarifications.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Orange11 wrote:We will be relocating wherever DS gets offer. We are not able to decide on between Readings boys (within catchment) and Wilsons as first preference.

After quick glance through performance indicators both schools look equally promising.

Can someone please suggest any considerable differences between these two schools?
This seems to be a bit of a no brainer to me.You are already in catchment for a very good school in Reading boys.If you are unable to move closer to the school then you wouldn't be jeopardising your place. Similarly a move to the area around Wilsons could break down causing you difficulties.I am sure both are very good schools.

I also wouldn't move out of Reading or its surrounding area and I am not seeking commission but I did hear by 2020 when Crossrail is fully operational there will be a significant increase in house prices.DYOR in this regard.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Cross rail already seems to be having an impact on house prices in Reading. Certainly something is. Demand seems to outstrip supply.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

That doesn't surprise me Tinkers.

I wonder how the new Heathrow flight paths will affect the Maidenhead property prices? I only mention Maidenhead as this is where I'm planning to move to.......