Abbey Girls (Reading) Entrance Exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Optimist

Abbey Girls (Reading) Entrance Exam

Post by Optimist »

Hi

I know it's already been mentioned on the "Independent Schools" forum, but can anyone please shed any light on the format of the Abbey Girls (Reading) Entrance Exam. In particulalr, feedback is invited from those parents whose daughters have sat the exams in recent years. NB, the Abbey web-site does not provide much indication on the format of the exams.

I would therefore like to, respectfully, know if:

1. The Eng, Maths and NVR papers are multi-choice or standard format?
2. Re the Eng paper - Please be specific as to what questions appear . Are they: comprehension and essays; cloze exercises; vocabulary (choose best word, synonyms and antonyms); grammar; and punctuation. Or s it a combination of all?
3. How long is each paper?
4. How many questions in each paper?
Kendrick mum

Abbey Girls School

Post by Kendrick mum »

Dear Optimist

I have been looking at your posts with interest, hoping someone would reply that has been through this previously, however , it seems very quiet on the forum, not much activity. My dd is also going to sit the test on the 12th and all I know is that their will be three tests
1. maths- don't know how many questions but approx 1hr
2. English- comprehension and creative writing - time approx 1hr
3. VR and NVR in timed sections total time -less than 1 hr in total
Hope this helps, hopefully someone may come along that has more experience. When I contacted the school to obtain more info about the entrance exams,they told me not to worry too much as they also look at the school report.- dont know what that means?- again dont need to do any extra work apart from whats done at school!( Heard that one before) .Apparently the exams are all internally set and no sample papers are
available- great!-
The abbey is all part of our back up plan, but hoping for good news else where

Kendrick mum? :) :) :) :)