Reading - Allocation day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kendrick mum

Reading - Allocation day

Post by Kendrick mum »

Thought you may be interested - Just spoke to some one at Admissions at Reading Borough Council to clarify the info on their Website- Admissions to Secondary schools 2008- which said applications will be informed of their outcome by 2nd class post on 18th of March or online on 3rd of March. Apparently it should say by post on 1st of March just as well i was getting my handbag on the ready( not that I have violent tendencies hey I,m a pacifist). She also told me that all applications have now been processed and schools have already been allocated. So what happens to children taking the test this month that couldn't for medical reasons in November? Perhaps there aren't many.

regards Kendrick mum? :)
Ella

Post by Ella »

Hi KM?

Nice to see you back on the forum! I've been trying to stay out, but somehow I find myself here everyday :oops:

Interesting info you have there from RBC. I wonder if Wokingham will be the same. I'm still going to check online from midnight on 29/2/08 (just in case :wink: ).

I guess that if any girls taking the test next week get higher scores, they will displace those at the bottom of the list who have been tentatively allocated a place - let's hope not too many and let's also hope that our DDs are in a safer position on the list.

Actually, I have honestly managed to NOT think too much about Kendrick, etc, and focus my attention on the happy-looking children walking past my house everyday going to our local comp and it makes me feel much more relaxed about it all :D

BTW, how did your DD find the Abbey exam, if you don't mind me asking?

Ella
Kendrick mum

kendrick girls

Post by Kendrick mum »

Hi Ella
Yes I keep finding myself just checking the forum too. DD found the Abbey exam easier than the grammars. Although the format was quite different.
The maths she felt was of a much lower level. The english, they had a comprehension fairly straight forward- and a composition a list of stories they could choose from. The third paper was reasoning , verbal and non verbal a mix. Some types she hadn't seen before but apparently v easy.
Difficult to gauge what she says until we get the results which we have been told will be in feb. So I suppose we will know soon, hope they dont want an answer before allocation date!

Kendrick mum?
Bewildered

Re: Reading - Allocation day

Post by Bewildered »

Kendrick mum? wrote: She also told me that all applications have now been processed and schools have already been allocated.
My Heart sank when I read that :(

There's no going back now! Spoke to a friend who's twins are now in yr11, he upped the percentage pass to 92%, last night. Had, a very poor nights sleep, for some reason :shock:
Ella wrote:I wonder if Wokingham will be the same. I'm still going to check online from midnight on 29/2/08 (just in case Wink ).
I think you'll have company
:wink:
Ella

Post by Ella »

Hi KM?

I'm sure the Abbey won't need an answer before 3/3/08 because, as you know, a large number of the Abbey's Y6 contingent were at the Kendrick test and they will be waiting and hoping that their brightest girls opt to stay at the Abbey (with respect, I hope so too!). There is a girl in my DD's ballet class who has said that if she gets offers at both the Abbey AND Kendrick, she is definitely going to stay at the Abbey :o

Hi BW,

I haven't reached the sleepless nights stage yet, but I calculated we are way past the halfway stage from Test to Result, ie, it will be 9 weeks on Friday since they took the test, but just over 6 weeks to the result - and I think the time has surprisingly whizzed by. 8)

Ella