What was the minimum score for Langley Grammer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Drastic Dad wrote:so please enlighten me: 120 out of what? Is it 150? (50 each for VR, NVR and Maths?) :?
120/141 All results, per test, are standardised.

The following links may help...

"Demystifying Standardised Scores"

and

Age standardisation

HTH

:D

BW
harrowboy

Post by harrowboy »

Drastic Dad wrote:A very basic question (maybe I am thick, but would like to stop being so fick!) so please enlighten me: 120 out of what? Is it 150? (50 each for VR, NVR and Maths?) :?
Out of 140 on each suject and the average of all 3. That is NVR, VR & Maths. My son had 123, 124 & 104 and the avge is 117.
I hope this will help you.
harrowboy

Post by harrowboy »

He also offered a place at Joyn Lyons in Harrow. But, I failed to apply for a grant and I can not afford their full fee. Any chance? I prefer this school because it is only about 10 min walk for us.
I have to reply them tomorrow. So, please?
Thanks
Drastic Dad

Post by Drastic Dad »

harrowboy wrote:He also offered a place at Joyn Lyons in Harrow. But, I failed to apply for a grant and I can not afford their full fee. Any chance? I prefer this school because it is only about 10 min walk for us.
I have to reply them tomorrow. So, please?
Thanks
Tell them about your circumstances and push for a grant TODAY. If they have still an unallocated bursary available, they will go to any length to give it to your son. Sometimes schools seem really desperate to dispose of a grant money which sounds strange but it does happen. And thanks for solving the marks mystery for me. I feel a bit enlightened now!
harrowboy

Post by harrowboy »

[/quote]

Tell them about your circumstances and push for a grant TODAY. If they have still an unallocated bursary available, they will go to any length to give it to your son. Sometimes schools seem really desperate to dispose of a grant money which sounds strange but it does happen. And thanks for solving the marks mystery for me. I feel a bit enlightened now![/quote]

I had spoken to them today. Unfortunately they have allocated all the grants and therefore unable to consider anything for us. I think now I have to stick with QE and may be he could sit for 13+