anyone know 2nd round offers for all grammers slough

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wraysburymum

Drummer

Post by wraysburymum »

Hi drummer

As far as I know the LEA handle the offers from the school and will offer a place to you in the order of YOUR preference on the CAF form if you/your child fulfilled entry requirement to the school. So if you put a Bucks school as first preference that's what the LEA will offer you. I suppose you would have to turn the place down and wait for an offer from a school lower down your list- not sure that you'll get one from Herschel as they are adamant they only EVER offer to 1st preferences due to over-subscriptions.
Slough may have advised the LEA that you were eligible for a place but you would not have been told as your preference was a Bucks school, and that is what you were offered. Phone the LEA and ask them what your options are.
wraysburymum
drummer

Post by drummer »

Hi wraysburymum

In fact, as well as our offer of a place at Burnham (which we have happily accepted) we DID receive an offer from Herschel who were our 2nd choice on the CAP but first and only choice of the Slough consortium who run their own admissions. The consortium schools only know which of THEM you have listed highest (because you tell them). They do not ask, and you don't need to tell them if you have placed any non-consortium schools higher on your CAP
langley/mum

Post by langley/mum »

Hi Venus.

I do know that Langley did over offer on 1st allocation,sending out 188 letters for 145 places.Not sure if this is a similar figure to other years? The offers had to be replied to by tomorrow?

Which of the Slough grammars are you waiting on?

We are sweating on Langley with 117.
venus

Post by venus »

hi langley/mum

We are waiting on 116 - but have deciced to appeal, but we have no siblings in school - so do you know if we are on waiting list and put an appeal in, does that affect our chances if unssuccesfull at appeal.
any advice please.
langley/mum

Post by langley/mum »

Hi Venus.

There is a lengthy thread on the "appeals" section headed "how much does the appeal panel know?" where I have raised this question.
The response that Etienne has given is that is doesn't make a difference to where you are on the waiting list,if you an unsuccessful appeal.

There is a bit more of a debate but unfortunately they lost me!!!!
Some very clever Adults on this forum!!!!!

LM
langley/mum

Post by langley/mum »

Also I have heard of a couple on successful non-qualification appeals on this Forum for Slough Grammar and 3 other children from my son's school had successful appeals for SG,all on 110.

Haven't heard " talk" of any successful non-qualification appeals on Langley or Herschel....Has anyone else??

LM
chad

Post by chad »

Twins mum wrote:Hi there

I phoned the Admissions Officer today at Langley Grammar School and was advised that the letters have gone out for the next round of offers (119). Fingers crossed for those who are eagerly waiting. :) :)

We live in hope!

Twins mum
This was posted in 'Appeals' today.

Many thanks Twins mum
greatmum

Post by greatmum »

I haven't received anything in post from slough. my daughter was 23rd on waiting list with 112. Langley has sent second round of offers. We are thinking of appeal just in case!!!!!!!
langley/mum

Post by langley/mum »

Hi Great Mum.
Are you appealing for Slough and Langley?
Langley mum.
greatmum

Post by greatmum »

Hi,
we are sure that she'll get an offer from slough as we are told by the office. we were more interested in Langley. so we are appealing for langley. It is so exhausting and con :? fusing