Herschel 2nd round ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
page

Herschel 2nd round ?

Post by page »

Has anyone received offer in 2nd round not sure if Herschel has sent out any. My child is on waiting list so fingers crossed.

Thanks
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Hi Page
I have spoken to Admissions at Herschel this earlier this week. They were planning to send out 2nd round letters this week! She told us that we won't get a letter as my son is way down on the waiting list! :cry: So I suppose it depends on your position whether you should keep worrying until you get a letter... or reluctantly accept your fate as I have! :roll:
Good luck! x
langley/mum

Post by langley/mum »

Cookie and Page.
Aren't you both going to appeal?
I think it would be worth it for the peace of mind knowing you tried everything and then accept your fate?
What have you got to lose?Other than a few sleepless nights,grey hairs and all that!
LM
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

I have thought about it, and have even got the forms. I'm stuck on what grounds to put down on the form, I suppose my confidence has been knocked by an unsuccessful Bucks appeal which we (and others) had thought was 'in the bag'!
langley/mum

Post by langley/mum »

Cookie I do know what you mean about facing another appeal.
We had an unsuccessful appeal for Slough Grammar which was an un-pleasant experience,to say the least and has left my confidence in shatters.
Thinking we've got to be brave and face this final hurdle to have any closure on it.
Some people are saying they have had a rollarcoaster experience but I'm yet to have any ups?
LM
Kim

Post by Kim »

Dear Cookie
I am also in the same boat as you - my son got 111 and is on the waiting list. Have you had anything from Herschel on second round?
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

No I haven't. I was told that it's very unlikely that they will offer down to 111 (which is what my son scored too!). Can I ask what your child's position is on the waiting list (My son is 49!).
Kim

Post by Kim »

Hi Cookie
When I rang the school after the initial allocations the admissions officer said that my son was 45th on the waiting list.......!!! However, I spoke to the school again after 2nd round of allocations and he is now 13th (lucky for some).
Ring the school...your child should have moved on the list.

Best of Luck.
blackbox31

Post by blackbox31 »

Hi,

My daughter was 27th on the list for Herschel with a score of 112. She has been offered a place in the second round of allocation. Apparently I was told that the second round of offers went to children who scored 113 and children who scored 112 who live locally to slough.
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Hi
Feeling a bit brighter this morning, even though I am lying in bed with flu. Just phoned Herschel admissions and DS is number 12 now, so there has been significant movement! Still only an outside chance of being offered a place, but odds are better than before.