11+ Maths

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Road Runner

11+ Maths

Post by Road Runner »

Hello there

My niece's school have just had a meeting with parents and advised them that the maths may well be taken out of the Slough 11+ test.
By all accounts it may even still happen this year. My sister did question as to how they could do this so late in the day but was told it is yet to be decided but if it isn't taken out this year it will be for 2009.

Good knews for some. The remaining VR and NVR will be the same.

Mel
chad

Post by chad »

I wonder whether this is just the consortium or slough grammar as well?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Mel X

If they do take the mathematics test out there is still a mathematics element in the verbal reasoning paper.

Regards

Mike
chad

Post by chad »

Herschel has put the 2008 (for 2009 entry) exam dates on their site.....and the papers include a 50mins Maths paper.
As I believe all the Slough grammar schools have the same exams I would expect Slough Grammar to include Maths as well.

See http://studywiz.herschel.slough.sch.uk/ ... Os0&pid=20

So we will wait to see what happens for 2010 entry.
blackbox31

11+ Maths

Post by blackbox31 »

I have it from good sources the Consortium from next year will not have the maths paper for the 11+ , instead it will consist of verbal reasoning paper as is presently and a 50 mins non-verbal paper covering 5 sections. Currently you get 2 sections that you complete in 20 mins.

Can anyone on this forum confirm whether this will be the case for Slough grammae as well for nexy (2009)

Blackbox
drummer

Outrage as maths exam is dropped

Post by drummer »