How to prepare 11+ reading school?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Kendrick mum

Post by Kendrick mum »

Hi
If by West Reading you mean Tilehurst, Calcot, Purley or around this general area, a very similar situation exists as already explained by Ella and BW. For a place at Denefield, Little Heath and Theale Green, realistically you have to either
1. Live in catchment
2. attend a feeder school, or
3. have siblings already attending the secondary.
Having been through the process last year it would seem that no matter which order you put the schools ( and most of my dd's friends did not put their catchment school first) you are offered your catchment school. Of course if you don't put your catchment school down then you get offered Prospect School. You can of course appeal if you don't get the school of your choice, however, I heard of no successful cases that resulted in the offer of a place last year.:shock:
You could put your eggs in one basket and apply to other grammars perhaps in Slough, just for exam experience as these schools all hold their exams a week or two before the Reading grammars. My dd found this very useful, by the time the Kendrick exam came along she had already done two exams in Slough and therefore felt more at ease with the whole process.

Hope that helps

KM :D
Milli

Post by Milli »

For West Reading, Little Heath school is a good option. My daughter has done very well there, and could not possibly have got any higher grades in all her GCSE & AS levels at ANY school!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now