private coach/bus to Slough Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kalima

Transport to SGS

Post by kalima »

Does anyone send their children to SGS from Reading.
What transport do you use?

Thanks
partygirl

Update on the route from Houslow to Slough

Post by partygirl »

Hi,

This message is mainly for those who have been allocated places at either Slough or LGS for this coming September.

This time last year there was a lot of discussion on how DC would get to school, journey times etc... so I thought that I would update my post now that my DD is in yr 7 at SGS.

We live in Heston and DD gets the bus to Hounslow West in the morning. The 81 bus runs to a fairly regular timetable in the mornings, there is a bus at around 7am and another at 7.15am, both get to school in plenty of time. There is another bus around 7.25 but this is cutting it a bit tight if there is traffic going into Slough. SGS start school at 8.30am.

Coming home, DD usually walks in the door around 4.30, that includes transferring to the 111 route along the Bath Road. School finishes at 3.25.

There are several pupils that travel in the same direction as DD, including pupils who live in Harrow and Hayes, who alight the 81 at the Harlington Corner on the Bath Road to catch connecting buses. Sometimes DC walk together one bus stop back to avoid scrambling on the bus with the St.Bernard's pupils. My DD has never had to travel alone to and from school, there are always pupils around to travel with.

We were worried about DD journey to and from school but it turns out those worries were found less. After accompanying DD to and from school for the first two days she then went on her own, this was after never having been on public transport on her own before. We looked at the private coach option but turns out DD would have had to travel to Hounslow West to catch the coach, it doesn't stop in Heston. The coach would have got DD home considerably later than she gets home travelling on public transport.

Just thought I would share my DD experiences and say not to worry, your child will become savvy with the public transport system quicker than you give them credit for.
Plumbuddle

Post by Plumbuddle »

An update too for Ealing parents at SGS. I will be trying to co-ordinate a carshare either by parents or paid-for driver next year so do not hesitate to drop a private message if you want to come on board! We set out from Ealing at 7.10 to get to Slough by 8am latest and we collect at 3.20 to get home by 4pm latest.
kalima

Reading to SGS

Post by kalima »

Does anyone know rof current students going to SGS from Reading.
Would like to contact them urgently

Thansk
ReadingParent

Post by ReadingParent »

Hi, I would be interested in any trasnport from Reading to LGS. My DS is looking to joing in Sept 2010.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now