Panic! Holidays lull!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Doodlemum

Re: Panic! Holidays lull!

Post by Doodlemum »

Wildwest we are having tbe same issues. I have tried to do NVR daily with my daughter as this is her weakness. Yesterday I gave her a test she had done some time ago and she go exactly tbe same score! :twisted: Am I just wasting my time???
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Your dd probably thinks you are wasting her time. :?

How big a component is nvr, can you build on her strengths instead of forcing the issue with something neither of you seem to enjoy?
Doodlemum

Post by Doodlemum »

Southbucks you are absolutely right re her thinking I'm wasting her time!!! To be honest I don't know how big the NVR component is in terms of marks - I thought at least 1/6 th of the marks?? I would be delighted if anyone could tell me it is less ??
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Maybe rather than trying to focus on the weaker areas, you might just do overall papers of everything? That way her best gets better, her weaker areas improve, but she is not always faced with the thing she struggles most with, or feels most frustrated with or whatever. I am a big believer in all round work because the strong areas compensate for the weaker, and they also help maintain confidence.
Doodlemum

Post by Doodlemum »

Yasmin thank you for you suggestions. I think I will change tack and try that. It's just so hard to find tbe time!!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

At this stage all we did was the bond ten minute tests. Kept the boys going but without feeling they had given up their holiday. Didn't need much input from us. And actually in the last so weeks before test we did absolutely nothing, deliberately.