Camp Hill Boys 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hoff

Camp Hill Boys 2016

Post by hoff »

Hi all,
Our son cannot make the CH summer school in July so I thought perhaps if there are takers we could organise a coffee in Kings Heath where some of the future Camp Hill boys could meet.
HappyRobot

Re: Camp Hill Boys 2016

Post by HappyRobot »

Can't help on meet up, but some boys can't make the camp, while others only come for a day or 2....so don't worry if u don't get to meet anyone in the summer as he will meet them all in Autumn term.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Hi Hoff, :D

A few years ago, my DS didn’t go to the camp before year 7 as we were abroad at that time ; he made friends during year 7. But I see your point of trying to create already new friendships during the summer. :wink:

This week, during the New Year 7 induction evening, you will be able to chat with other parents of the form of your son as a coloured symbol will be added to the sticker that you will be invited to wear in order to help you to recognise other parent having their child in your son’s form … I know it may seem awkward to exchange details after several minutes of conversation but you might feel at ease with some parents and decide respectively for your boys to have some fun together during the weeks before the summer holidays. :)

Moreover, the AFS (= Association of Friends of the School) brings the parent body together to organise events and raise money for the CHB pupil’s education and extra-curricular activities. With all the cuts being done, you can guess that our role ( i.e. every parent’s role) is important. Beside supporting our son’s education, the meetings are also an occasion to meet other parents and thus forge friendships. Therefore I can only encourage you to join the AFS and support the school by the best way(s) you can ( whether time; money; skills; ideas…). In the AFS pack you will receive this Wednesday, you will find the dates of the forthcoming AFS meetings. I invite you to try to keep these dates free in order to come, meet other parents and get involved! :D
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

JaneEyre wrote: you will be able to chat with other parents of the form of your son as a coloured symbol will be added to the sticker that you will be invited to wear in order to help you to recognise other parent having their child in your son’s form
My apologies if I made a little mistake as I related what happened to me when I was sitting at the place where you were tonight. :oops: Now, I see that new ideas have been implemented, which make the stickers even more efficient: tonight, thanks to the coloured symbol, parents could find other parents living in the same part of Birmingham. Brilliant idea! :D

I hope that you have enjoyed the evening and that it had reassured you for any worries you might have had in the past.
Wishing your DS many happy and constructive years at CHB! :D
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

You were there this evening JaneEyre? Sorry to have missed you! Were you there with AFS?
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Yes, I was there. I haven't seen you either... :( Tbh, I was so busy that I complelety forgot to look for your tall husband who would have guided me to you. :wink: Or I should have written JaneEyre next to my real name! :lol:
Maybe we will meet at last next academic year if you find the time to join actively the AFS?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now