11+ when QCA year 5 results are......

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
maximum

11+ when QCA year 5 results are......

Post by maximum »

Hi All

Thank you all for the support on this issue i am having at the moment (of trying to help out someone prepare for the exam).

I previously asked if it was too late for this girl and at that point i was not even aware of her year 4 results.

well she has told me her QCA yr5 results today(tests taken in May), they are:

Reading 4a (she says the teacher has told her it has improved from last years 3a)

Writing/spellings 3a

Maths 3b

Can you please shed some light and waht percentage chance she has if she does go for the 11+.Her parents have all of a sudden become keen(and the girl herself) on sitting the 11+.

Many Thanks
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

This is very approximate.

4a is above average
3a/4c is average
3b is below average
maximum

Post by maximum »

thanks mitasol for that information

so is there a realistic chance of passing the test?

how many hours of study daily or weekly does one need to put in?

thanks
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Sorry Maximum but I'm not from your area. Hopefully someone else will be able to help.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I don't think QCA results are a reliable guide, especially with a child who's uncooperative. Our son's results are generally average-to-below, tending to the downright disgraceful at times, but he passed for KE (luckily we knew how bright he really was and that the school results didn't really reflect his ability). The child who is generally considered top in his class didn't pass though.

I think the girl's above-average reading age suggests that she has a chance but I wouldn't be prepared to try and put a percentage on it.

Obviously, though, I would suggest that you try to make sure she's covered the whole KS2 maths syllabus thoroughly and is confident about maths, if she's not in the top maths group she may not be getting as much maths at school as she needs.

Mike
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now