King Edwards (CH etc) and Warks - Similarities & Differe

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

za1

Post by za1 »

OMG!!The cloze test was tough! (well I think so for an 1 year old Confused )

FTM :- I agree....a 1 year old would probaby struggle....hopefully, in 9 years time, he/she will have a better chance :wink:

On a serious note.....I would not panic. All the kids found the cloze tests very hard. I would just do a large variety of different papers to prepare.
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Ooops!! :oops: Very funny! I didn't even realise!

Do you think Atheys,IPS and AE workbooks are any good??
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Ooops!! :oops: Very funny! I didn't even realise!

Do you think Atheys,IPS and AE workbooks are any good??
za1

papers

Post by za1 »

I think the Atheys English papers are tough......excellent practice.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Firsttimermum
I know NFER and Bond are essential, but there are so many other papers like-IPS, learning together,Atheys, tutors etc.. Shall we just plunge through as many as we can???
The NFER NVR and Maths are good (particularly the NVR) but I would say that the NFER VR less so. But ok as a general paper. The NFER English (comprehension) papers are also quite good.

Have a look at Patricia's word list (link from the home page) and make sure they know all of these precisely.

Bond are ok but to be honest we didn't use these that much.

It's also worthwhile trying some of the free Independent school exam papers (again linked from the home page), particularly for the english content and variety. These papers also contain some scholarship questions that the majority will not be able to answer to good to get them thinking and also how to deal with timings for the exam (how and when to leave a question and get on with the next)

I think I've mentioned before that the e-papers and downloads on this site are quire good - particularly the Tutors Vocabularly builder. This sounds good for Synonyms etc in the KE Exam.

The key thing is to keep this going throughout the summer on a regular basis (even on holiday).

Hope this helps.
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi KenR,
It's also worthwhile trying some of the free Independent school exam papers (again linked from the home page
Where are the free independant papers on the home page?

I am thinking of investing in all the tutors cd's including Vocab builder, as I have DD taking exams next year. What do you think, they are pricey when they add up :?

Anyone else used these ....any feedback on relevance :?:
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Thankypu very much KenR :D
FTM
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now