Phew!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
um

Post by um »

Still trying to come back to earth here..
Normally Sunday mornings, my husband would take the baby and toddler while I did 3 solid hours work with my son. Seems strange not to be doing it now! and very liberating!
Yes I wish 1 March was tomorrow too. Why do we have to wait such an inordinately long time in Birmingham? And to think I've got to go through this another 4 times (':shock:')
Still I can only feel that the worst of the stress has got to be over - its done and we can't go back now. I keep reliving everything my son says about the exam - espcially the English bits he couldn't do - and getting stressed. It is impossible to say how he's done, really. If the competition really is harder this year, that will only increase the standard in Aston, Bishop Vesey etc too, so hopefully if he gets into any Grammar school, he'll be in a good cohort.
Trying to chill out and stay calm. His story changes too - yesterday evening his Dad was winding him up and he told him he'd missed about 50 questions. When I asked him calmly about this he said it was more like 10...
Son is having a week off before getting on with some work for the Queen Mary's exam. Still clearing all the papers and revision off the desk!
serialtester

Post by serialtester »

I spoke too soon about viruses!! Daughter number 2 has a stinker of a cold today, so it's odds on that my son will get it in the run up to Handsworth next weekend. Oh the stress :D
nero hero

Post by nero hero »

um wrote: If the competition really is harder this year, that will only increase the standard in Aston, Bishop Vesey etc too, so hopefully if he gets into any Grammar school, he'll be in a good cohort
The quote "Its harder this year than last" has been thrown around since time began I'd personally pay no attention to it whatsoever.

Its basically hard for everyone every year.

Look at KenR's thread at the pass statistics it goes up fractionally for some schools but not all (Don't worry about it :))
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=7148
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Clarendon well done for your DD on being able to sit the exam, with a slight bug. I hope your DD gets in.

Luckly my DD has not changed her story from yesterday. 2 sections she did not have time to go back and check English 2nd part and 3rd NVR and she found this part hard. She found the quick maths/maths straight forward. She is very strong on maths.

I have spoken to a few friends whose children took the test the overall story is it was hard but not as hard as expected. Questions were missed by a good few of there kids. One of the children had to guess a good few questions at the end of the sections when he ran out of time.
lindah162

Post by lindah162 »

My so n sat the exam at Aston yesterday and he was fine about the whole thing. Doesnt get stressed easily which I suppose is a good thing but Maybe he is a bit over confident.

He said it was harder than BV but not terrible and the vocabularly was hard(probably his strongest point as well) but nothing too bad that he hadnt seen before. AS with BV despite us interoggating him :D he has hardly given any feed back. Not one ****** example question. Says he cant remember. I just want to check its stuff we have covered or that he would have understood. Its so annoying!
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Linda i would not go over the questions with him as you can not change whats happened. And you may put undue stress on yourself and the child if you come across questions he may have got wrong. Sorry thats just my 2 cents. Dont mean to offend.

Unless you want to go over the type of questions they were for future DD then thats different.
lindah162

Post by lindah162 »

I know, you are right. I just wanted an idea of the type of questions thats all!

I know you are right. Just wantede some kind of idea of the type of questions thats all! No chance of getting that though! You are right though, cant change anything!

Theres
lindah162

Post by lindah162 »

sorry toddler messing with keyboard!
nero hero

Post by nero hero »

Does anyone know how many kids sat the FW exam?
stressedaddy

Post by stressedaddy »

It seems that there is some "fishing" going on here !!

1) Does it matter what types of questions were on the exam, if people REALLY cared about this forum than they wouldn't ask the questions, particularly when their own son/daughter have JUST taken the test on Saturday.

2) How does the number of kids sitting the test at KEFW's make to the whole outcome?

3) I think most reasonable readers of these treads can read between the lines and see what's going on.

I am not usually that irritated but in this instance, I thought I'd vent my anger.

There is a test yet to come for re-sits, please try and avoid putting your son/daughters place at risk by jeopardizing the test and giving info away !

Thank you.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now