Phew!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nero hero

Post by nero hero »

stressedaddy wrote:It seems that there is some "fishing" going on here !
2) How does the number of kids sitting the test at KEFW's make to the whole outcome?
I think you've answered your own question it doesn't so its not fishing! :)

Sorry for pressing your button :lol: but your making the assumption I'm trying to find an outcome which to be honest makes me laugh how is it possible to find out an outcome from my question, your forgetting my son has already sat them exam.

The reason for me "Fishing" :) is of purely a statistical nature for example does the credit crunch have any effect on the amount of kids that would usually opt for a fee paying independent school?

I'm also sure and would hope the moderator would remove those unscrupulous questions regarding fishing..
stressedaddy

Post by stressedaddy »

The reason for me "Fishing" Smile is of purely a statistical nature for example does the credit crunch have any effect on the amount of kids that would usually opt for a fee paying independent school?
M8, I wasn't trying to make a personal issue from your post, and I apologies if I did.
nero hero

Post by nero hero »

Hey no prob's dude no need to apologise matey ;)

I realise there are others doing the test later on this month and I can understand your issues... very valid

I hope I've restored the love :)
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

I find this a bit strange that they have apparently the same exam for the 2nd date.

There could be craft parents out there who get a sick certificate from the doctor fish out the information on what was in the exam and have a unfair advantage. This place they could get could be in place of my child. I am suprised the 2nd exam is not a bit different.

Considering on the competitive nature of 11+ i would not suprised ***** parents may take this nasty underhanded approach.
serialtester

Post by serialtester »

stressedaddy wrote: There is a test yet to come for re-sits, please try and avoid putting your son/daughters place at risk by jeopardizing the test and giving info away !

Thank you.
But I haven't even mentioned the latin translations or the section on quantum physics :cry:
stressedaddy

Post by stressedaddy »

I find this a bit strange that they have apparently the same exam for the 2nd date.
Strange as it sounds, it's true. This has been happening for a while. My son took the exam in 2006, and children at his school purposely missed the first round of tests. Their parents asked around in the playground about the tests and took the second wave of exams. That year, my son was the only one to gain a place from his school. Perhaps cheaters don't prosper, don't know.
um

Post by um »

Footballdad wrote:I find this a bit strange that they have apparently the same exam for the 2nd date.

There could be craft parents out there who get a sick certificate from the doctor fish out the information on what was in the exam and have a unfair advantage. This place they could get could be in place of my child. I am suprised the 2nd exam is not a bit different.

Considering on the competitive nature of 11+ i would not suprised ***** parents may take this nasty underhanded approach.
I totally agree Footballdad, and it makes me really mad :x
No doubt such parents will have little need to go on here - they will fish for info from friends, relatives, and at the child's school. I told my son this morning to be very careful when discussing the exam in case any of his classmates was doing the 2nd one.
It was only recently that I realised the 2nd one is the same exam - I had always thought it would be a different exam as in any other public exam you just don't repeat the same questions!
I'm dissappointed at KE for not thinking this through, and thus making the whole thing clearly unfair.
Now of course there will be plenty genuinely ill children who can't help it - but gettign a sick note probably isn't that hard for those who are not ill.
baby here - no caps
what this means is that kids who deserved to get in are knocked off by those who didnt, but whose parents effectively cheated.
i wonder if the success rate for the 2nd exam takers is higher?
if so, ke need to seriously rethink this strategy.
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Wow stressedaddy that is just so so wrong. So glad to hear you son was the only one to get in and the cheaters did not prosper. Love to seen the faces of the parents who tried to cheat there way in when you told them your son made it.

I am glad to see and fully understanding why there is an anti fishing policy here on this forum.

Um glad to hear i am not the only one shocked to hear the 2nd exam is not different. Like you would love to know the success rate in gaining a place for the 2nd test per students taken exams on the day compaired to the 1st exam.

Now i was stressing before the exams this year, as this is my first DD to take the 11+ exams. How is the wait like till March 1st?
um

Post by um »

i keep trying to put it out of my mind - after all i can't spend the next 4 months stressing! but then i just can't stop thinking about it and wondering all the time, imagining what the email will say and how i will feel...
of course we still have th qm exam on 2nd dec to distract us!
can someone help me to chill out please?
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

My daughter is now free to chill out and relax until Feb i think, When she has the King Edwards Independent exam.

After this exam daddy dearest promised to purchase her what ever she wanted without thinking it through properly. I wanted to keep her motivated as at the end my child wanted this whole process over and done with. She replied Apple Laptop ouch!!! i have started to save for it. I know i am sucker she saw me coming a mile off.

Far as i believe the Handsworth exam is still left and QMW as well. So good luck to all parents kids in there exams.

The worst thing about this i will be going through this again for my middle daughter next year and this one i will need to work a lot harder on.