KES - Birmingham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
TraineeDad

Post by TraineeDad »

Hi Everyone

Got a call for an interview today...my son is so excited he was up today at 6 this morning - hopefully he'll be able to stay awake in the interview :D

Those who haven't heard don't lose hope because as others have said due to the numbers involved it is taking alot longer to get to everyone.

Good luck to those who are having interviews...
Regards

TraineeDad
wobeeb

Post by wobeeb »

Good luck to trainee dad & firsttimemun and your DS's.

Are they being interviewed for Scholarships or AP's?
TraineeDad

Post by TraineeDad »

Thanks wobeeb

Was told it is for Scholarship and/or AP - would be quite amazing to get both but I don't think that will happen - my eldest had the same and was given an AP... I think I'm more nervous than my son!

Really looking forward to end of today... we can then all finally relax !
Regards

TraineeDad
runner1

Post by runner1 »

New to the forum and am amazed at the wealth of information to be found. Waiting to hear from KES too and getting slightly anxious...
BB248

Post by BB248 »

First time mum

Congrats on your son's interview! How did it go? I think you are right to be very proud of him for getting this far no matter what the outcome of the interview process.

Can you just clarify one thing? When you said "EVERYONE who passed...that is if you applied, will be invited for interview" does that mean that all those who applied for an AP & passed will be interviewed OR does it mean all those who applied to the school (ie everyone who took the exam) & passed, will be interviewed. I'm tying myself up in knots here - what I'm trying to ask is, if our DS ISN'T called for interview, does that mean he hasn't passed? We haven't had a call...
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Last year KES wanted to interview as many candidates as possible, regardless of whether you applied for an AP (and it's probably the same this year).

It may seem unfeasible but it is a logical explanation why some children are interviewed on the day they sit the KES exam (and last year there were several, DS included).

Also, some children are offered a place at KES without an interview.
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi All!

Thanks for all your support!! Like my son put it nicely..11 plus is well and truly out of his life!!( well until madam DD has her turn next year!!).

The interview went really well according to my son! :?

We ran through a few questions they might ask the night before;

Basic things like, why do you want to come to this school. Luckily DS wasn't nervous and was asked expected questions. He also talked about dinosaurs a lot, and when questioned about them said it was easy...but then what does he know!!
Basically, I would advise all children not to panic, it only lasted 10 mins or so. Everyone is really nice and put children at ease. Just be yourselves and show an interest in the school.

Oh and what I meant about interviews, Mrs Phillip told me they will continue to interview next week. So don't panic, because I think they are carrying out staff interviews for something. So some will get phone calls tomorrow or friday..maybe even monday.

With regards to who is interviewed, I asked today how they will select and they said they basically have15-20 places for schol/AP, and they are interviewing over double that many so it largely depends upon the interview, and test results combined..but then this is what I was told from a staff member in a casual conversation. Also that they weren't sure about details.

I think we should just leave it to fate, and see what happens on the 19th/20th feb!! :( Coming from someone who woke up like 50 times last night! :roll: As DIY mum put it nicely, and I told my son earlier we are sooooooooooooo proud of his achievements regardless of the outcome.
Couldn't hold back my tears :cry: when he went in dressed smart in shirt and tie!! BTW which he insisted on wearing..and good for him. Be warned everyone appreciated his effort, and was told someone came in wearing jeans...well the moral of the story is choose something your child is comfortable in and hopefully looks smart in /uniform.

All the best every1 waiting ....
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Apologies for hijacking the thread.

My madame sat her first exam today at KEHSG. She has another test tommorow as well. From the conclusion of the test how long do they take to contact you.

Say for a possible interview and then offer/rejection.

Cheers footballdad
rachag

Post by rachag »

.....and a follow on question to add to Football Dad's - how conservative are KEHS about first offers (i.e not waiting list ) considering that many (?) may be rejected once KEGS results out ?

Parking arrangements better than I had feared.
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi, I think if the sirls school follows a similar trend, then should start hearing about 2 weeks from today. We had a leaflet on test day, saying interviews should start week beginning 25th Jan-14th Feb, and subsequently offers posted out 19th Feb. Did the girls school hand you out any leaflets, if not maybe you will get them tomorrow.

FTM