KES - Birmingham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Oh an afterthought! How was the exam, and how did it compare with other KE exams....

FTM
layla

Post by layla »

Hi footballdad
Last year my daughter sat the exam on the 29th & 30th Jan by 14 of Feb we recieved an offer by post, so we heard 2 weeks after the exams. Hope this helps & all the best

layla
fm

Post by fm »

As far as I know, none of my girl pupils has ever been called for an interview. They have just received their offer in the post.

I think they take the opportunity to observe the girls over the two days and rely on that.
isymum

Post by isymum »

Hi I called the school and spoke to the lady, she would not disclose any information. She did mention that we should be hearing some new some time this week or next. I aksed if they could give an indication of how my son has done, and she said no. Do you think I should call again?
isymum

Post by isymum »

Hi I called the school to find out about my son. Last week he got accepted by Solihull. The lady at KEHS said that we should be getting some news either this week or next week. I asked if she could tell me anything about how my son has done. She said she cannot give that information out. I'm a bit worried now. Do you think I should call again?
mad?

Post by mad? »

er...no, not if they have already told you they cannot give out any information.
mad?
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

My DD did not get a letter of the school concerning when the result will come out. Probably as mentioned here we will get this information tomorrow.

She found the exam easy. Told me it was a breeze, shockingly she said she enjoyed it and cant wait till tomorrow. Opposite of me i hated exams. I shall ask her tomorrow put in order of difficulty the 3 exams she sat this year from Sutton Girls, KEGS and KEHSG. I am certain she will mention KEGS was the toughest of the lot.

Its very interesting concerning the interviews, as from what i can deduce from the comments on here as an non interview does not indicate a no answer. I dearly hope all parents and most importantly out offspring achieve there desired place.

One final point if an offer is made by the school how long can we as parents/guardians take to respond back with a yes or no response. As i would rather wait till the KEGS result and then make a decision thats if i am fortunate enough to have the choices that we all desire.
rachag

Post by rachag »

Results of KEHS posted on Friday 12 Feb. In their info somewhere.
EHS and KEHS both have closing dates for acceptance about a week after KEGS results. Think I may have read somwhere that there is agreement between local school to do this.
DD said that teacher marking first papers in second exam :shock:
V efficient getting results out a fortnight
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Rachag

Thank you for the info appreciated. Good to hear that they will wait until KEGS result for a final answer. Lets hope i have that choice.
rachag

Post by rachag »

Found the info on EHS web site quite a while ago but couldn't find it again later - you know how it is with all these drop down menus then each page has many links. Words to the effect that a date agreed locally between the schools. Seems from stuff on here that this is certainly not the case in other areas!
Checked with head at EHS and she said that she couldn't recall exact date this year but a week or so after KEGS results are out.
Anyway - just off to get Haglet from KEHS.
I will wave if I see someone in a football strip!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now