finding out

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
confusedmom

finding out

Post by confusedmom »

Does anyone know when our DC's primary school find out which secondary school they have been allocated?
BB248

Post by BB248 »

I'd love to know the answer to that Q, too! Reading posts from other parts of the country, it seems that in some areas the schools know a week or more before the parents & children.
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Hi last year ( when I'd received an email jut after midnight on the Sun night/Mon am) I rang the primary school at 9am on the Mon about something unconnected to the school allocations. I was asked if I'd heard any news, to which I said I had, and was then told that the school office had not received their lists at that point. Really, I guess it's not fair if the school knows before the poor parents/children!! Assume it'll be the same this year.
stressedaddy

Post by stressedaddy »

Hello all, is the same for schools om the Solihull area as well. I don't kow anyone saying that their schools have known before they have. My friend is a School Governor, and when I asked him, he said he hadn't of this either and didn't know. Helping tp clear this up would be appreciated.

Thanks......
KE hopeful

Post by KE hopeful »

As someone new to this whole application thing, in Birmingham LEA do you have to formally accept the place you get offered on 1st March? If so how long do you have to give the decision?

Also does anyone know how long do KEHS give you to decide whether to accept the place there?
BB248

Post by BB248 »

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come along with a more detailed answer, but the indies seem to realise that you might want to see what offer you get from the state, and so allow a week or so after 1 March before a decision has to be finalised. I don't know about KEHS specifically, but Solihull will hold offers until, I think, 8 March . I guess if they've made an offer, whilst they'd obviously prefer to know asap (not least so if you turn it down, they can make a further offer to a child on the waiting list - Solihull ask you to do this specifically if you know you're not going to accept), but, if you have got that offer, then they want your child, so it's not in their interests to make it too difficult for you.

good luck!
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

You have until 17th March to accept the state school place (and until 19th March to appeal should you wish).

Mike
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now