Let The StReSs Begin.....!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stressedaddy

Let The StReSs Begin.....!!

Post by stressedaddy »

Not Long to go now, and the stress has set in. Judging from the KES post with 67 posts, its seems that there is more interest this year than previous. Also heard that there were more applications for this year than in previous years due to the financial crisis and high education expectations from parents. Competition for places will be fearce.

The stress is showing, having sleepless nights and worried like ****. Anyone else going through the same?
confusedmom

Post by confusedmom »

Good grief YES!
I have one DD at five ways and the smaller DD is waiting for allocation day.
I dont remember the first time being quite so stressful.
We were over the moon that the elder daughter gained a place but i'm sure were not as worried about her gaining a place at our local "failing" comp as she is/was so focussed on school work.
20 days and counting, waking up in the night,and every free moment seems to be that my mind drifts into 01/03/10 and the e-mail.
Just need to know now what we are facing :cry: :shock:
moto

Post by moto »

Going through the same agony. A day doesn't pass without thinking of 1st of March. DD goes to KE handsworth, I cannot remember going through the same stress during her time. It seems that the competition is getting tougher with more children sitting for the tests. Anyway, best of luck to all parents and children who are anxiously waiting.
wobeeb

Post by wobeeb »

I can't concentrate on anything at the moment including work due to the high levels of stress!!!.

I did go through this with my DD in 2006 (who got in at QM) and i do not recall it being so stressful, although often things seem not to be when reflecting back years later.

The stress relief for a number of parents begins on the 12th Feb for KEHS, 19th Feb for KES and then 1st March for local authority allocation.

I am getting stressed out writing about it.

Take Care all & Good Luck... :roll: :arrow:
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Wow looks like i am not the only one.

I was nervous around the first exam time for Sutton Girls then by the time it came to King Edwards i was suprisingly calm.

BUT now i have started to stress out. Not long to go. (Bites finger nails)
stressedaddy

Post by stressedaddy »

So, judgement day is almost looming for those of who have put themselves through the traumas of trying to get their dear children into "good" schools. But, has the decision of who has a provisional offer or not already been made by the powers to be, or are they still working on the last minute details. I would have thought that by now, the LEAs and the schools (KEGS) will already have a list of potential offers and are processing letters of offers. Or, I have the whole point totally?

As you can see , I am really worried and really nervous about the whole thing.......
stressedaddy

Post by stressedaddy »

I would have thought that by now, the LEAs and the schools (KEGS) will already have a list of potential offers and are processing letters of offers. Or, I have the whole point totally?
Its was meant to say

"Or, have I missed the whole point totally?"
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

If you have a look on the Birmingham LEA website at determined arrangements for community schools there's a timeline for the process. You'll see that for the simplest cases, provisional offers were decided a month ago and the majority a couple of weeks ago (22 Jan). All offers are settled by 12th Feb.

Mike
confusedmom

Post by confusedmom »

Great...... why the LONG wait then?!!?
Is it like picking your wedding day - ie going for a date that is easily rememberable for the future wedding anniversies.
Too many single magpies and black cats living around me at present.
Mind you any wait is too long and I have it offical that I was just a worried the first time round! :roll:
Any good computer hackers out there who can break into the "lists" held by the powers that be, unfortunatly payment can only be made in biscuits! :lol:
stressedaddy

Post by stressedaddy »

Any good computer hackers out there who can break into the "lists" held by the powers that be, unfortunatly payment can only be made in biscuits!
Please don't go there, have you the film called "The Party" with Peter Sellars, instead of being fired, he accidently gets invited to the producers party because the secratary made the the mistake and put his name on the "wrong" list.

Birdie num num.........(only funny if youv'e the movie)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now