Birmingham results available tonight....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
moto

Post by moto »

Yes we have also logged onto the website and it appears he has been offered his second preference. Lets hope this is correct.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi BB248

Sorry I'm speculating why this may be showing on these pages prior to the official email.

There is a whole range of workflow activities associated with the admissions process; some manual, some computer processing related.

Obviously part of this process ends with issuing a computer generated email at midnight on the 28th Feb to parents who registered online, but also a number of other computer batch processes to update relevant web site pages with the allocation results data to ensure consistency.

For example, you wouldn't want a parent going to the admissions website page after the 1st March and saying information which said something like 'the results are not available yet' when in fact they have been published. So the authority will have various computer batch programme they would normally be run automatically in a pre-determined sequence to ensure that the information and data across the whole of the site is consistent.

I was just speculating they maybe one of these batch processes has been run out of sequence and has updated the print view web page with correct data from the database.
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

BB248... I have just done it and on printer friendly version is shows son'e first choice offered. I have very mixed emotions now as want to believe it.. but still will wait for confirmation email.. Thanks very much for posting this link/info.

Good luck to all for tomorrow night/Tuesday
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

The link to the online admission page seems to be down. So therefore if i was hazard a guess they became aware of this issue and taken this part of the website offline.

I believe the information we are all seeing was correct as its from the council website, the printer friendly letter i presume will be the same layout which they would send via email to us.

Even with the above info i am a glass half empty guy!! I have not told my DS, my wife and myself have decided to keep stump until the official confirmation email

Footballdad
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi, my DS was offered his third choice, which although I am grateful for also a little upset as I though he would have done better. What are the chances of this info not being correct?? Sorry, I know some have their first choice and I really hope for your sake it is true. I'm just really surprised as I thought he would do better. I don't know what to make of this, and am really hoping for our sake it isn't correct. Then again why would they have written different things for different people and it not be correct. If it was one of those automatic things wouldn't everyone have the same results??

Help please.... :( :(

FTM
BB248

Post by BB248 »

KenR - thank you for that explanation. It makes sense - there must be an awful lot of updating to do & so I can see what you mean about batches now. Thanks again.

Firsttimemum - This is awful, not really knowing, isn't it. Snowdrops is right, it would be so much better if it were definitive. I feel a bit guilty now about highlighting this glich in the LEA system as none of us really can be certain, and I wonder if it doesn't just make things worse.

Footballdad - I've just been able to access the same info. My DC's page isn't down.
serialtester

Post by serialtester »

Well I checked :D DS has been offered his 5th choice. I'm quite relieved, after sitting the exam he decided that he really didn't want to go to Handsworth Boys..so I was worried that he'd be offered that one! I am going to request his KEGS scores though, it will be interesting to see how he did.

I showed him the page and he's ok about it... I did tell him that we wouldn't be 100% sure until we got the official email. We're now looking forward to September - it's great not to be in limbo anymore!

Anyway, I hope those of you who look likely to have received their first choice get your official confirmation swiftly on Sunday night!!

What a rollercoaster it's been!
serialtester

Post by serialtester »

Footballdad wrote:The link to the online admission page seems to be down. So therefore if i was hazard a guess they became aware of this issue and taken this part of the website offline.

I believe the information we are all seeing was correct as its from the council website, the printer friendly letter i presume will be the same layout which they would send via email to us.

Even with the above info i am a glass half empty guy!! I have not told my DS, my wife and myself have decided to keep stump until the official confirmation email

Footballdad
It's still working for me!
liesauk

Post by liesauk »

I too have just looked and she has been offered her 3rd place. So it seems likely that these are the correct results.

congrats everyone.

disappointed here

liesa
xx
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

I stand corrected the admission website is indeed up. I was at the Gym when i tried to login and failed now i am back home and i can access the information.