KE Foundation Grammars - Pass Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
um

Post by um »

This leaves a surprisingly large gap between the last score for CH Girls and for CH Boys. Is this gap widening? Is it just down to the number of places available at each school?
isymum

Post by isymum »

srk13 wrote:This is what I've received from KE

KE Handsworth - score of last child to be admitted - 321, number of applicants 1255
KE Camp Hill Girls - score of last child- 328, no. of applicants 1180

The scores of candidates this year ranged between 193 and 424 (with 300 being the average standardised score).

Hope this helps
I am so gutted my son got so close, yet missed out.
isymum

Post by isymum »

Can someone advise please. My son got 320 points. The last intake Handsworth. was 321. Can anyone advise me what to do.
kefew

Post by kefew »

I understand you can ask for the paper to be remarked in case there's any mistake. Appeal may then be the only route. With 321 there may be quite a climb needed to get to the top of the waiting list as the last boys place available would be Aston at 331.
um

Post by um »

it is easier for a girl to get a ke grammar place - much harder for boys.
ke handsworth is a girls only school.

your son did very well to come so close - did you also apply for bishop vesy/queen mary's?

best point of contact would be ke foundation office in case of any feeling that the paper needed remarking or you wished to mount an appeal (although in all honesty appeals are not usually accepted by ke)
isymum

Post by isymum »

thanks for advise guys. Not sure what to do, as not expected to miss out by few marks only
tranquillity

Post by tranquillity »

CHB says in the offer letter that this year they had the highest number ever of boys putting this school as their first choice.

Hence this is reflected in the higher than ever lowest entry score.
SP001

Child's exam score

Post by SP001 »

Hi,

My son has not been offered a place at Camp Hill, however he has got into Queen Mary's. How do I find out his score in the exams please?

Many thanks.
samuel

Post by samuel »

Hi everyone. I have been reading comments on the forum for the last year or so but never posted anything on it myself, but I simply had to reply to say THANKYOU SO MUCH to everyone who has provided me with invaluable advice on this forum.

I believe it really has helped me to keep my DS focused and informed about all aspects of the 11+ process not to mention all the comments relating to 11+ materials etc.

My DS got into his first choice King Edwards Aston and Im filled with pride for him. Congrats to all those who got what they wanted and those that didnt - Chin up things always happen for a reason and there is the 13+ for a 2nd chance.

Thanks again to all
stressedaddy

Post by stressedaddy »

Hello All,

Had the news that my second son didn't make the cut and get into KEFW where his older brother goes. He cried for a good fews hours, his mother is beside herself. I feel confused and very disappointed but I have to be realistic and have a fall back plan for him.

I have written to the KEGS Foundation office to get marks and number on waiting list.

The advice I would like is - At what point on the waiting list should I feel, yes my son has a chance. If he is 300 something, I amy as well giveup and move on. However if he scored say, 10 off the last child, do we have a chance?

Your thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

A very very dejected father.....