Waiting list for BV

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sutton mom

Waiting list for BV

Post by sutton mom »

Hi, i have been told my DS is 11 on BV waiting list... What do you think his chances are? Any help gratefully received, and good luck to all others waiting.
notthisyear

Post by notthisyear »

Hi
my son got offered BV off the waiting list a couple of years ago, he didint take it as he was got into ke aston I know that it was a couple of years ago and things change each year but he was 18th on the waiting list
Good Luck.
redbull

Post by redbull »

Hello notthisyear. We r in dilemna wether to go for KE Aston or BVGS. How do u rate KE Aston. My son is at no. 3 in Aston & been offered BVGS. We r keeping our options open at the moment.
notthisyear

Post by notthisyear »

after looking into both schools i have 2 boys in KE aston and personally feel its the better choice of the 2
excessive homework but all adding up to better qualifications
sutton mom

Post by sutton mom »

I am really disappointed, i phoned admissions earlier and was informed my DS has moved down the list. I asked why and was told boys who had offers higher on preference list-but still scored high enough for BV- had now asked to go on waiting list for BV. I thought you had one offer- your highest preference- and that was it. I understand you can go on list for a higher preference bit not for one further down your list of choices. This seems so unfair.
rugbymom

Post by rugbymom »

That seems very unfair!!! Makes a mockery of the one offer system.
Good luck.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

But presumably if they've been offered a higher preference, the only way they can take up a place from the waiting list is to appeal for the lower choice??? :?

Mike
sutton mom

Post by sutton mom »

No mention of appeals... Was just told that they had to accept them on the list. Unfortunately because they achieved the score they go in at top of list. I am completely confused, as was said it makes a mockery of the one offer to highest place system... My DS did not achieve sufficient in KE and so BV is our only hope. DS really wants BV, school offered is not great and none of friends going there :(
rugbymom

Post by rugbymom »

You can only hope that any movement is good,and that those will free up places for other boys on the king edward's waiting list,which hopefully will create more places at Vesey's??
It may even itself out,but i agree the principle sucks!!
They should be grateful to get the first choice.
rugbymom

Post by rugbymom »

Redbull,
I have a son very happy at aston,but my best friend's son is flying at Vesey's.You really are lucky to have the choice.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now