WAYS FORWARD

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
isymum

WAYS FORWARD

Post by isymum »

Can anyone advise. Since the exams things have not been so great. My DS has beeen put on the waiting list for BV, but quite low down, as they are no: 38, so there is no chance there, or is there!!!! I have no option but to accept the Independent school, but ideally I really hoped that he got a place at one of the King Edward schools. Does anyone know if there are chances to apply for any places after ie at 12+ or 13+ and for which schools. Feel so de-motivated as I have another one child to prepare for the 11+ don't know where to start. :(
rugbymom

Re: WAYS FORWARD

Post by rugbymom »

I think you can remain on the waiting lists as long as you let them know you want to do so after december, (for the king edwards schools anyway )
Have you asked about your son's position recently ?
I don't think there are any 12 / 13 plus places in Brum. My son wasn't successful either, and it is heartbreaking,especially when they are so close to the mark,and this year was a difficult year with high birth rates etc......
You're not alone XX
isymum

Post by isymum »

Thank you. We are on the waiting list for the King Edward School, and attending the appeal for Aston, but don't really hold my chances on that - we'll see
rugbymom

Post by rugbymom »

Aren't the appeals this week ?
What grounds are you appealing on, we considered it.
Good luck.
isymum

Post by isymum »

The school is very supportive, hence the recent result show that he my DS has excelled with a better mark compared to another child going to grammar school and in parallell with the marks with two other selected at grammar. In one of his papers he got 100%. I have submitted all those documents to the panel. He is at a level 5a/5b for Mathematics and English with science as the weakest at 5a.

Good luck with yours. Where are you appealing for and for what grounds?
um

Post by um »

I would imagine places at 13 plus are available at both the Grammar and Indie schools - although there will be very few. This is because many boarding schools start at 13 and they will likely take at least a few from KES, who do have a 13 plus exam.

If I were in your position I would also contact Queen Mary's and Handsworth Grammar to ask about last tests/admission/waiting lists and explain how bright your son is. My guess (it is only a guess) is that handsworth Grammar may be interested.