Listing schools on preference form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
floozey

Listing schools on preference form

Post by floozey »

My DD is closes to KE Rose Hill which she wants to put down as first choice.

We will put Sutton Girls as second, and Queen Mary as third.

The local is only a few streets away and we will put this as 6th.

We basically have 2 choices left.......there is Sandwell Academy which we may put as 5th however we come under B'ham so I do not think we have a chance even though it is less than 2 miles.

My question, is it worth putting the other KE as 4th and 5th?......I believe the cut off point for Five Ways and Camp Hill is higher than Rose Hill so therefore the choice would just be wasted?? Is this true??
fm

Re: Listing schools on preference form

Post by fm »

Yes, I am afraid so.

For the last 6 years, the score for Handsworth Girls' has been consistently beneath both Five Ways and Camp Hill. There is a sticky about this above. There is normally about an 8 point gap between it and Camp Hill, with a varying gap between Five Ways and Camp Hill Girls with Camp Hill lower.

I cannot conceive of any reason why this would change, other than the inclusion of Sutton Girls in the KE exam produces an atypical result, but I wouldn't think this likely.

If, however, you have spaces and you are struggling to fill them, you could always put Camp Hill Girls down on the off chance of some strange occurrence. Certainly if it is not on your form, you can't later claim you want it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now