Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:05 pm 

We have applied to sit the exam for Sutton Girls, but now may consider Kings Heath Cam Phill for Girls. Seeing as its the same exam , is it to late to add that to our list ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:57 pm 

I take it you haven't sent back your CAF yet, so you're just talking about not putting it on the exam registration form?

IMHO you would be OK (the form is application to sit the test, not application for a school) but ring the consortium and check with them (I recommend the 0121 415 6004 number because that's the Foundation office, the other number is the LEA - not to cast aspersions, but I find the Foundation seem to be a bit more on the ball).

Mike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:58 pm 

think you will have to ring the foundation office and ask them (not sure what they will say) if yoiu can add it then make sure both are on the CAF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:33 am 

Cheers guys.

It would be so much easier if there was just one test for all the grammar schools, then you just 'picked ' your options for which school you prefer.

simples :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:11 pm 

Don't forget in Worcestershire you can only put three choices on your form. So logically if you want to put a "safe" fallback school in position three you can only put two grammars.

Rose Petal.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:42 pm 

Rose petal wrote:
Don't forget in Worcestershire you can only put three choices on your form. So logically if you want to put a "safe" fallback school in position three you can only put two grammars.
...yes, but in Worcs we also have a de facto 4th choice and ultimate safe fallback - the middle school we currently attend!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:10 pm 

Agreed!

Rose Petal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:38 am 

Not if you live in Wythall or other High School areas!

I formally complained to Worcs LEA some years ago (as did the KE Foundation) that the number of preferences should be increased however it seems that the Worcs admissions forum have no interest in changing to help parents bordering B/Ham as they rejected this outright.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:55 am 

Trust me , living outside of the Worcestershire 3 tier system has BIG advantages.
There is every chance my daughter couldve attended 5 different schools by the time she is 18 , rather than your 2 . And most kids will have attended at least 3.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:10 pm 

Mr Benn wrote:
Cheers guys.

It would be so much easier if there was just one test for all the grammar schools, then you just 'picked ' your options for which school you prefer.

simples :wink:

Hi Mr Ben,

Personally, I don't agree, because having more tests give the child more chance if say, he was too stressed on the first day, or he was a bit poorly but you didn't think 'poorly' enough to report the test...

I am rather disappointed that Sutton Girl and BV have now the same exam as KE... What a shame! :(
I do understand your point as it is easier for the kids to sit a test and then just forget about it, instead of having to sit another one a few weeks later, but at 11+ exams there are no resit like GCSEs or A levels!!! So the more exams, the better to increase the probability of succeeding!