Too late to add another School ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mr Benn

Re: Too late to add another School ?

Post by Mr Benn »

Rose petal wrote:Don't forget in Worcestershire you can only put three choices on your form. So logically if you want to put a "safe" fallback school in position three you can only put two grammars.

Rose Petal.
Doh - great point Rose. Thats only just dawned on me. We were applying for Sutton Grils as close to some relatives where she could stay, but personally Camp Hill in Kings Heath is a more realistic option.
What concerns me is how much travelling affects the kids ? As adults we accept geting up earlier and travelling into work, but it seems so unfair on the kids as well.
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Just to let you know I spoke to a nice lady at the foundation office and they have added my child to Camp Hill girls. I dont think they would be impressed with getting loads of calls though !
narshad1

Post by narshad1 »

what happens if one only puts grammar schools down on the form and not the catchment school?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Then you'd better hope your child gets a high enough score to qualify for grammar school.

If he/she doesn't score highly enough, you will be allocated a place at the nearest comprehensive school that has places left after places have been allocated to people who could be allocated one of their preferences. There are often good reasons why these schools have places available - it's because very few people want to send their children to them. They're usually perceived as poor schools.

Mike